What Did You Buy Today?

Thanks! That's way better than the "You crashed the site" award! :D

(Oh and there's a whole drawer full of drills, end mills and taps!)

Very nice score David. You must be one happy camper today! I know I would be with all that. :cheer:

My brothers told me this is sacrilege, I call it blasphemy but I don't care! My old Dewalt XRP NiCad drill lives!

I retired this drill like 10+ yrs ago cause the batteries died. Was cheaper to buy a new drill than buy replacement batteries. Well now a days they make all kinds of battery adapters. Got me an adapter that allows me to use Mikwaukee M18 batteries with the Dewalt. This same adapter will accept the current Dewalt Li-ion batteries too. Also has a USB port on it. Not that I needed the drill but the adapter was only $13.

:laughing:

20200125_140843.jpg
20200128_001733.jpg

Wasn't gonna repost this but this is the pic where Dave (@mmcmdl) said he saw me buy the Rapid Charger 4 times already. :D Since I have plenty of batteries is why I bought the adapter above.

20200123_165420.jpg

Got me a sheet metal gauge by PEC, made in the US. Most are made in China now. Has decimals on the back. They normally cost $25-$35, got it for $10 shipped new. The seller has one more left on ebay if anyone is interested.

20200127_234124.jpg20200127_234205.jpg

Again Dave (@mmcmdl) was making fun of me cause this is what I was ironing the other day like I was Suzie homemaker. Haha. Was at the local Travers & somehow I left with a height gauge cover. Gonna use it for my cheap 6" digital that I always leave out, my Mitu always gets put back into the wooden case. Found a nice little Indian lady to shorten it & sew it back up for me. Not sure if I like it though. I was just using a rag before that I think I like better. Oh well, we'll see.

20200124_130129.jpg
20200127_151548.jpg20200127_233718.jpg

I only have a 14, and a 16 Jacobs, but there are 3 Albrechts, and a micro. I'll have to look at adapters, I have some dead tools laying around.

It's crazy, they make all sorts of battery adapters for 18v/20v max tools now. Well the popular brands anyway like Makita, Milwaukee, Dewalt, Ryobi, Porter Cable. Not sure about Ridgid or Hitachi/Metabo HPT.

Dewalt actually makes their own Li-ion adapter for the old XRP tools but it only works with Dewalt batteries of course. I'm on the Milwaukee platform now so it was good for me that there was an adapter to use Milwaukee batteries.

I have old Porter Cable, and an unused 18v lithium ion Makita kit, I just opened after 5 years. I'm seeing if the batteries will charge right now. Fingers crossed...

I need help identifying what this is. It's in a red Starrett case.
IMG_5663.jpg

Also need help identifying this one. Also in a red Starrett case.
IMG_5665.jpg

First one is a Starrett 196 set, back plunger indicator, many people use it for tramming a mill. I have the same set.

Second one is an I.D. micrometer.

20200128_011854.jpg

Back