What Did You Buy Today?

I have old Porter Cable, and an unused 18v lithium ion Makita kit, I just opened after 5 years. I'm seeing if the batteries will charge right now. Fingers crossed...

The li-ions will probably be fine. But if the charger throws a bad battery indicator the voltage on the pack may be too low. If you do get that you can jump start to bring the voltage up so that the charger will start charging, plenty of videos on YT.

It's starting the cycle without throwing a fault,,, so far.....

Nice, sounds like you should be good! :encourage:

More batteries Will ? :grin: I'm on board today Mike , so lets get a box or 2 shipped ! BTW , those Vidmars are getting lighter by the day . :encourage:

I know all about it ! They multiply like wabbits when you stock them all in a drawer :big grin:

I'm thinkin Dave needs a Starrett 196 indicator to fill that void in his nice red box ! ;)

I'm thinkin Dave needs a Starrett 196 indicator to fill that void in his nice red box ! ;)

Do you have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brothers told me this is sacrilege, I call it blasphemy but I don't care! My old Dewalt XRP NiCad drill lives!

I retired this drill like 10+ yrs ago cause the batteries died. Was cheaper to buy a new drill than buy replacement batteries. Well now a days they make all kinds of battery adapters. Got me an adapter that allows me to use Mikwaukee M18 batteries with the Dewalt. This same adapter will accept the current Dewalt Li-ion batteries too. Also has a USB port on it. Not that I needed the drill but the adapter was only $13.

:laughing:

View attachment 311726

I printed one of those for my B&D drills and yard tools, works a dream! That one part alone pretty much justified getting a 3D printer :)

Back