What Did You Buy Today?

e2314c5c1cbd0e4033cdeb307f7ff5af.jpg

$40 well spent. Half was on the Foster bros cleaver.
Sometimes I think this was the only tool in some of my co-workers' toolboxes . :big grin:

I have one that is very similar. Runs very smooth, and takes about 10 min for it to coast down when you shut it off. Mike
Very cool, I have a feeling this one will take quite a while to spin down aswell, but i've yet to power her up.
Even a quick spin by hand and she makes quite a few revolutions, lots of turning mass in these old girls.

Awesome grinder.
A truely beautiful piece of machinery.
I have a bit of a jones for big Old grinders and would love to have a 2x12.
Have some grinding to do on a battleship :)
I missed out on two of them of late.
One at an auction and one at a guys place where I bought another piece of machinery. He wouldn't sell it.
I have your grinder's little sister here.
Same manufacturer.
I did a rehab on it a couple of years ago.
It was on a crude stand. I mounted it on an axle housing from a Ford tractor.
You will cry if you ever have to buy new stones for yours.
I did when I bought these little 1 1/2 X 10
Cost nearly four times as much as I paid for the grinder.
Very pretty old girl!
Lots of guys really do not care for these old grinders in the production environment, that's one reason they are so hard to find in original in un-mutilated shape, and why I was willing to pay for a nice one.

I paid 750usd for mine, and almost that again to ship it, when I strip her down and re-paint I will throw new stones on her,... I did check what they were worth before buying the grinder haha

That base on yours looks good! I will wish you luck to find a 2x12 one-day!
Ps: the 2&3hp grinders are the only ones that come with the water trays.
Screenshot_20230516-171622~3.png

I snatched up a whole box of appropriate-sized parting tools in a variety of flavors. Worked out to under a buck each, delivered. I'm happy to have a lot more M42 and T5 grades. Half of this is M2, the rest is mostly tungsten steel with a little bit of vanadium and cobalt. That stuff is for slowing down and burying the tool on tough or abrasive material. This is better than a lifetime supply of parting inserts, in my happy opinion, and in my experience, razor blade edges part better than a coated carbide radius. Now that lathe power and rigidity are the last things on my mind, I'm quite content to re-grind this pile as needed for a lifetime.
PXL_20230623_194958876.jpg

Some might enjoy this, after years of looking, I finally found a nice USA made pedestal grinder that is in good shape, it was wayyyy in Rockford Illinois!

But I couldn't resist, so I purchased her, lined up a truck and the paperwork to ship her to Canada Bc.
It arrived last week, was installed into the original location in 1928, it's a us electrical tool company with all the bells and whistles, model 20, 12x2" stones 3hp
View attachment 451590View attachment 451591View attachment 451593
Now that is just plain sexy...great score.

Back