2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised to learn that Bahco is owned by Starrett.

Nice, didn't know Bahco made bandsaw blades. But are you sure about that? I've always known Bahco to be owned by Snap-On. The fish logo shown is the Bahco I'm familar with.

EDIT: Yep, still owned by Snap-On. They were previously owned by Sandvik.

I'm still running the first of two Bahco saw blades. Sharp and cutting great on a variety of materials.
Your gonna like this blade Allen.

Where did you buy the Bahco blades? I have been using Starett Die Master and I am not happy with them.
Robert

I think those Wood River casters are Chinese knock offs of the Korean Foot Master and Carrymaster casters. The Korean ones are very good. I have no experience with the Wood River ones ...
Got the casters mounted yesterday. They work ok, but will look for an opportunity to put one size bigger on, as the lathe is pretty tough to move even though the casters are rated for 1300 lbs and the lathe and bench only weigh about 700 lbs. They'll do for now, however.

Half dozen acorn dies and the die head to use on my lathe , terminal blocks came for my RPC , slow boat from china delivered. A three inch cardinal quick vise in new cond. I hate and love ebay, puting a new vise I didnt need where I could see it. Im a sucker for a nice vise over cheap imports. Im hoping to find a nice mill vise but the good ones cost dear , kurts are nice but out of my reach. At least till I save some or sell some things.

Got the casters mounted yesterday. They work ok, but will look for an opportunity to put one size bigger on, as the lathe is pretty tough to move even though the casters are rated for 1300 lbs and the lathe and bench only weigh about 700 lbs. They'll do for now, however.

Keep an eye out for a deal on Carrymaster AC-300's. They move my 800# mill with ease.

Thanks! I just ordered one to try out.
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back