2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that bad, and as i'm starting from zero i need a lot of stuff, i haven't einhaired any tools from my father, he is a person who doesn't know the difference between a straight and a phillips screwdriver.

Well I am at à age I enherit from 2 generations and 2 sides.
Gives me à advantidge.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Another day another tool. Today i bought some more old iron first was this Threaded faceplate, is probably for a woodturning lathe and it has a screw in cutter in the middle it's 200 mm in diameter and could come in handy, next was this set of reduction gearboxes with what at the time looked like square threads, but definitely not square threads i got them with the thought of electric screw press for small parts, the reduction is 50:1 so should have some power, maybe a future project.
DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0020.JPG DSC_0019.JPG

Actually I bought this on line à week ago but package surprise came in late last night.
À quick change tool holder with cut off blade holder, 2 normal ½" holders and à boring bar holder.
À er16 extended bar for deep work.
Me is happy again to replace the default tool holder on My lathe.

Added:
Great tool for à steal of à price. Only $35 new in box. And for that amount of money à Very decent quality also. Not everything from those chinese Sellers is bad quality.
Almost an exact copy from the original only ⅓ the costs of the swiss made stuff from My lathe. Actually I suspect they got Some of their tools from china and Rebrand it for à while now.

Last edited:
I've been too busy to do any work on any of my project, but managed to buy this 500 mm ruler locally in a hardware store, i've been needing a bigger micrometer but i can't seem to fine one in decent condition at a fair price so for the time being this is more precise than a tape measure.
DSC_0004.JPG

Milling vise for the little Atlas miller. An older one (not real old, but older) yet still nice and tight. Pretty skookum swivel platform on it, but the vise itself sits nice and squat. I like that. Still need to make some T-nuts for it and clean it up a bit, but couldn't resist just sitting it on the table for a picture. Thanks for looking!

-frank

image.jpeg

View attachment 240826
Hmm strange,.... pic same way attached but not visible for even myself?

Haha, wow, I've never seen a tool post come in it's own storage/carry case before. Does that mean you are supoosed to put it away after each use? (Sorry I couldn't resist) :p

To be honest me neither, most of the times in wooden boxes.
It was just such à steal I didn't care. And desides that it's the content that interest me.
It is à small one tho just for a 5x10" lathe.

I came across an auction site that sells tooling and machines . It's called BTM INDUSTRIAL . They had some ball endmills 11 all one size with all the delivery and shipped to me for $43 my bid was $24.00 a very fair price for new endmills.

I have been looking for some 1-2" and 2-3" micrometers for several years, bid on a few but always fell a few dollars short of the final price. I recently sent an message to an eBay retailer who sells a lot of Igaging measuring equipment for a price quote on these two Igaging Speedmic's, and they were about the same as a 1-2" mitutoyo. I sprung for the pair. These are the absolute reading type so they always remember their position, there is no thimble or ratchet mechanism, the thumb lever retracts the plunger and sets the tension for the measurement when released. Very quick to do multiple readings, repeatability of measurements was 0.00005". I checked both mic's against the provided 1" and 2" gauge blocks, they both were spot on. These are the previous gen SpeedMic's the latest version uses a bluetooth connection instead of a cable if you need to record the data electronically.

Also picked up a 5/16-6" set of used Yuasa telescoping gauges at a reasonable price, so hopefully I will be set for a long time. I can finally get some accurate ID/OD measurements, my calipers were just not cutting it for some of the close tolerance work I sometime do. Overall, I have been very happy with the Igaging measuring instruments, they seem to be well built, have nice features and are priced about midway between the top end gauges and the generic low end gauges.

Added eBay Seller: shoppinger09
https://www.ebay.com/sch/shoppinger09/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Lists a number of other Igaging items.
20170831_140017.jpg
20170831_140235.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back