2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and me both jp,
If I happened to get a bike to ride, I would want a different seat for sure.
Something with air ride and back support. :grin:

I feel bad, the only thing I bought today way was a steel 45* for the glass bead gun because the brass one had wear holes in it..

But last week I bough a BHJ blok-Tru fixture.. so will that count?

Got this yesterday, Needed to give my 03 Dodge Ram 3500 6 spd a break from every day driving ,
so I got one of these 34mpg avg.
It's a certified pre owned 2014 Honda Civic with 20,000 mi w/factory warranty,
kinda a chick car but should last a long time, and a lot easier in stop n go traffic
IMG_0947.JPG IMG_0948.JPG

Yup big change , but my cummins 5.9 turbo gets good fuel mi at 25 city 30 hwy empty, but here with all the people that don't know how to drive (stop an go) the clutch in truck was pain in the leg

Last edited:
dlane, you've made the right choose, when i was younger i drove 4WD fast as hell car and put up with the race spec clutch low profile tires and 12 MPG 100 octane fuel consumption, but as i grow up i realised that is waste of money and discomfort, so few years ago i parked it and bought me an 4 cylinder diesel luxury car, now i'm getting 60 MPG and diesel fuel is cheaper and more common than race fuel and registration and insurance is half, so you have my approval.

These showed up in my driveway yesterday. A pair of 15HP IR rotary screw air compressors. $100 for the pair. Both said to be mechanically OK, but have brain damage and are in need of a brain transplant. :grin: Apparently the internal VFD and controller are the weak link in these compressors. One of them is only about 2 years old. I'll stuff in a new VFD and design a new bulletproof control system then sell them. I understand that IR wants about $8000 for a new controller, that seems a bit pricy for repairs to a $10K compressor. Wish I had enough power in my shop to run one, but I may try to derate one to 5 - 7 HP and see if that will work.

upload_2017-9-7_11-50-50.png

I'm chatting with amazon right now to find out why the spiral flute bottoming tap I ordered on Sunday still hasn't shipped yet. I know its a first world problem, but what's the point of paying extra for 2 day shipping when it takes them 3+ days to actually ship the thing..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back