2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm chatting with amazon right now to find out why the spiral flute bottoming tap I ordered on Sunday still hasn't shipped yet. I know its a first world problem, but what's the point of paying extra for 2 day shipping when it takes them 3+ days to actually ship the thing..........
Let us know what they say. I had a major problem a couple of months ago, took weeks to ship because the stock was in another warehouse, the one that was to be shipped from was out of stock.. I said WHAT!!!!!

Been wanting some of these Knipex Pliers Wrenches for a while now but they're expensive. Finally pulled the trigger on them. Thanks to Zoro who had the best price on the set then got 20% off that & free shipping. These things are awesome! Can't believe I waited so long to get 'em. I love Knipex tools!

20170907_162344-800x619.jpg

I've been needing a set of these. Cheap set is fine with me. Currently on sale at Sears for $17.42, not shown online. I know I had no points last week when I bought something else. Somehow I got $15 in surprise points so I ended up only paying $2.29 with tax! :)

20170907_162310-800x587.jpg

Adding to my Milwaukee M18 line..... Mid Torque 1/2" impact (600ft/lbs max). I had the High Torque impact (1200ft/lbs max) but I don't work in automotive anymore so I no longer need that much power. The High Torque was too bulky & heavy for me, gave it to my lil brother. Also got me a worklight.

20170907_174217-800x563.jpg

Midwest offset LH & RH aviation snips. Currently on sale at Sears for $24 available online, $35 on Amazon.

20170907_174143-800x661.jpg

Been wanting some of these Knipex Pliers Wrenches for a while now but they're expensive. Finally pulled the trigger on them. Thanks to Zoro who had the best price on the set then got 20% off that & free shipping. These things are awesome! Can't believe I waited so long to get 'em. I love Knipex tools!

View attachment 241207

I've been needing a set of these. Cheap set is fine with me. Currently on sale at Sears for $17.42, not shown online. I know I had no points last week when I bought something else. Somehow I got $15 in surprise points so I ended up only paying $2.29 with tax! :)

View attachment 241208

Used those knipex and Some other models for 25 years now, can't think of better ones.
I have 4 differend models and also differend lengts, even got one at 5" the smallest.
Plan to buy the other models too in those sizes.
Special nut shaped, the flat ones you have and the same with teeths wich were the first ever to came out.
Indeed Very expensive, but they last more than à liftime.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Used those knipex and Some other models for 25 years now, can't think of better ones.
I have 4 differend models and also differend lengts, even got one at 5" the smallest.
Plan to buy the other models too in those sizes.
Special nut shaped, the flat ones you have and the same with teeths wich were the first ever to came out.
Indeed Very expensive, but they last more than à liftime.

I've got five of the Cobra pliers as well as a couple of other small pliers that I use for electronic work. And their mini bolt cutters have worked great for me too.

When I got the 5" Cobras I thought they were so small that they would be more of a novelty, I was wrong. Now I want a 5" of the plier wrench too!

Knipex have been my favorite brand of pliers ever since I bought my first pair of Cobras off a Matco truck 14 yrs ago when I was a mechanic. :)

I also have a few knipex pliers and couple W.Germany knipex pliers and their quality hasn't changed, the steel they use on all their products is unbelievable good.

I also have a few knipex pliers and couple W.Germany knipex pliers and their quality hasn't changed, the steel they use on all their products is unbelievable good.

I can agree without Any doubt. Worked with those pliers more than 3 decades now bought new ones recent years and quality is as stable as you can get.
Even the oldest cobra I have I estimate it is about 25-30 years old and still going strong.

Let us know what they say. I had a major problem a couple of months ago, took weeks to ship because the stock was in another warehouse, the one that was to be shipped from was out of stock.. I said WHAT!!!!!

So I ended up cancelling my original order, and re-ordering the same tap from the same manufacture, with a different coating. The original one, was apparently incorrectly inventoried and was out of stock. I had to check my self to see that it wasn't going to be back in stock for almost a month. You would think they would have an automated notification of some kind when something is incorrectly inventoried, as i assume most people don't want to wait a month!

Bought it last week. And just got it in with mailrun.
IMG_1756.JPG
2 er um wrenches

IMG_1753.JPGIMG_1754.JPG
And My morseconus 2 er32 tool.
Again à happy diy dude just before the weekend starts. Can't get Any better exept for the next shipment of tooling stuff seem to be in the pipeline at the tracking app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back