2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm addicted to receiving packages. If I know I don't have something coming in a week I must buy something!
Cosmic truth! WTF did we did we do before E Bay? Receiving packages is one thing, what is in them is quite another! Call me a convert! Jesus is lord, but tools are a wonder of creation (or evolution) as well.

I got a couple of ER32 Clamping nuts and a wrench for my Er32 chuck, one nut is slightly taller to hold a rubber seal for coolant use,both should work well holding collets, at least better that the cheap one that came with the chuck .
$_57 (1).JPG $_57 (2).JPG 51mJpi1tcfL._SL1100_.jpg

It's sunday, that means tool market day, there wasn't much in quality machinist tools, but managed to find two electric motors, one someone has put an grinding stone on it, and the other is an old pressure washer, which i didn't never paid much attention but recently found that they have powerful electric motors, so both are cheap and in working condition, may come in helpful in the future.
DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0010.JPG

I saw a YouTube video of a pressure washer converted to a waterjet cutter, looked useful...

Dave H. (the other one)

And I threw mine away last year because the hose and gun part was broken and leaking.
Base was still good.
Next time I might recycle it for such à project.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Some of the bigger units have 3-5 Kw electric motor, so they are worth taking apart if the motor works, and with that much power i'm not surprised they can generate enafth pressure to cut softer materials.

I'm addicted to receiving packages. If I know I don't have something coming in a week I must buy something!
You must share your method on keeping track of what's coming, I admit I'm not very good at it , there has been a few occasions when I find a brand new package in my tool box that I have no idea what it is or when I ordered it,it's Christmas all over again.

Picked up an Atlas MFC yesterday. It had sat idle for a few years at an art school and before that I suspect it was in a shop environment with a 3 phase motor. I only suspect the latter because it has heavy duty 3ph rated switch from the period but a Leeson Farm Duty 1 hp 1ph was added when the school got it in 2012. It needs some work and a few replacement parts but nothing major (came with the original arbor support and bar, removed for transport). I ordered a more appropriately sized 1/3 hp TEFC cap start motor today. It will sit in the garage on its heavy handmade base as I take it down, clean and make repairs (and paint). I might have paid a little more than it was worth but I have a daughter arriving in December and now was the time if I was going to get one. The money went to the school so no one was making a profit off of me.

1K6kwS3QpNLQiz61kS6Tt_-mQkOuHftFTP8hidwcveqtEJiDZDHsr30dYb_dIAxPiUQYGdYRlw3kD0gUGgBvuW2335DRFmNmgPlTL8IY2xnGAFrVrgAT90QPJ3gIxv9QogTHM5kOuHqXaWv-O3eji_VePm_0qY6hMBV0BjOrDwKXa6vyuSgUXMoM3sLkjYEyHLCjTHwOsu1Nc438ia5MoE7dEe6SwOPvBcOkmLqp-p-QSlpOlkVMbdPtSFfgnZ2CDvjwIrPA6F3EWjEA8T4cWybmDNoYA2kXUMV7JK39aM4hI3uvXM03Sj_2dsHl8J_gKx8GOwJ22l4xZZyf_agnIVWxVHC2wRoOLMtQIrAzeNlZpQjsy6Bt4csql3KEoZ2wx3x_cUArJ7aBVKieuSXCe4iUGp3XiiBgZCKCRSb-6JS33w-SCZuguwwFU6qcgxj8_5ZQo-HcmYLFXVASBGPouxu5ozIClMgwgLkP2VlfI2LZe4TauVT-AXvcB4ajrwICd1tYAoRFqCFZdLB6ifKBEr5nhpbDg_nKnS3NyWJQo2txXUeMXtHdU2PMia4N8oCZbfhBRe6wKHTFngv8jxhWPcun_snhwqeVsNABArO3VQ=w487-h648-no

I see this a lot, myself included. I've dialed it down a bit lately. I can see how it can get out of control. Damn you Amazon Prime! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back