2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I picked up a Remington 1/2hp 6" bench grinder on stand. Runs very smoothly, basically no vibration. Getting close to time to learn how to grind tools.

Today i bought couple more tapered end mills and two good quality tap, adding to the tool collection.
DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0006.JPG

Got me a practically brand new set of Mitutoyo gauge blocks for an awesome price! $1400 new, paid $350 shipped.

Img_2689.jpg
Img_2692.jpg

I've always wanted a .0001 dial indicator. Most of them have very short travel though. This one has 1/2" travel. Pretty cool, I never seen a dial indicator like this with 2 sub dials. It's brand new but I think it's an older model. I've see the same p/n but with only 1 sub dial.

Img_2685.jpg
Img_2687.jpg

Got me a 12" PEC hook scale & an articluated arm for a small upcoming project. Noga style arms are commonly used in the photography industry. I found the cheapest one I could, it was only $8 & the quality shows but will be fine for what I'm going to use it for.

Img_2682.jpg

I don't need another Noga but found this one for a good price on another forum. It's the MG size (second largest to the Big Boy). My favorite size to use is the DG.

Img_2696.jpg

Today, I purchased two sets of gauge pins. They are Meyer gauge pins .oooo4* X0 and X1 (I'm relying on memory here) not black ox and in wood cases. They had been used at an electronic tool making division of Snap On tool. Apparently Snap on only operated this plant, located a half hour's travel from me for only 4 years and moved the operation to Mexico.

For those unfamiliar the X0 set goes fron .011 to . o60 and X1 from .061 to .250. I think I kind'a scored on this one. ($150).

You must share your method on keeping track of what's coming, I admit I'm not very good at it , there has been a few occasions when I find a brand new package in my tool box that I have no idea what it is or when I ordered it,it's Christmas all over again.

For me it's easy, I use the USPS Dashboard, UPS My Choice, & FedEx Delivery Manager services.

With USPS I just log in every morning to see what's on it's way. With UPS & FedEx, when you activate those services, you get emails when a package is coming (UPS only sends you an email the day before delivery) so no need to log in & check but you can as well.

Not perfect as I don't always know what those packages are just from tge tracking numbers but at least I know something. Also when I order something, I don't delete the email from my inbox until I receive it, so I know exactly what coming. :)

Some things came usps today, 1/2" boring bars kit, ccmt boring bar, and a mitutoya digital caliper to replace a very inaccurate and erratic fowler model.

I'm in the process of some construction in the shop the next few days so I can't properly test everything, but the mit caliper has been very repeatable, and sets to zero everything, unlike the fowler... ugggg
20170918_111307.jpg
20170918_111030.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon strikes again. Ordered a couple of AXA tool holders, good price and 2 day shipping. Well 3 days and still nothing. THen get an email that they canceled the order. Said they could not get them in. But checked their site and now the price has gone up, no longer available on prime but you now pay 6.50 each in shipping, and from the same company.
Call them and talk about it.

I if you bought it then they usually work with you.

Often a third party gets creative and things get wonky but amazon usually will do something.

Sometimes vendors ate banned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Got me a practically brand new set of Mitutoyo gauge blocks for an awesome price! $1400 new, paid $350 shipped.

A BIG YOU SUCK!!!!!

I've always wanted a .0001 dial indicator. Most of them have very short travel though. This one has 1/2" travel. Pretty cool, I never seen a dial indicator like this with 2 sub dials. It's brand new but I think it's an older model. I've see the same p/n but with only 1 sub dial.

That's really nice...

Got me a 12" PEC hook scale & an articluated arm for a small upcoming project. Noga style arms are commonly used in the photography industry. I found the cheapest one I could, it was only $8 & the quality shows but will be fine for what I'm going to use it for.

I don't need another Noga but found this one for a good price on another forum. It's the MG size (second largest to the Big Boy). My favorite size to use is the DG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back