2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any pics, but....last weekend the wife and I took a little road trip. On a whim we stopped at a flea market we saw. I picked up a Craftsman six inch bench grinder (looks like one of the block grinders) dated 7/60 in very near perfect condition for $30. It still has the original tool rests and eye shields in place. Unfortunately it's missing the outer wheel covers, but it spins up and runs almost silently and the bearings feel as good as new. I think I did okay on that one.

Today à backorder came in, party time Again.
À er32 collet 20mm, use this mostly for the new generation bicycle axles to modify.
And Well worth the wait to replace the 150 watts light with à 15 watt green power saving led light. Saved me 90% of the power Used by the former one.
Even gives better light now as à extra.
IMG_1789.JPG

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to the tool addicts hub... :D Funny, I didn't start out by being a tool addict, but I have turned into one.

Always has been, and Will be à tool junky.
Counted over 50 hammers.
And I guess I missed à few.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

I've been getting by without one for the last 5 years, I got caught up in the hype here on the forums a bit, so I ordered machinerys handbook and guide 26th edition. The handbook looks brand new, the guidebook was a library copy, doesn't look like it has been used since it was added to the library:D:rolleyes:

20170927_105057.jpg

Rich

Today i visited couple more machinery dealers, no luck finding a decent mill to buy but found couple of end mills to buy, also managed to buy new old euro aluminium socket, i'm missing one on my lathe you can see the holes in the electrical cabinet on the lathe, only bad thing the socket is blue, i need to prep it and paint it.
DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0017.JPG

Not exactly machining related, but I decided I needed to upgrade my old cordless drill. After a bit of research I decided to go for the new Makita brushless LXT one ....... and then got carried away.

C4AC92BF-D571-44B3-BB33-32B8907CBFE3.jpeg
Cordless hammer drill and impact driver.

8D5E7DAC-C3D4-403E-8DCE-7F42E6DC6C26.jpeg
Cordless angle grinder and reciprocating saw.

Plus a charger, some batteries and a USB supply adaptor for the batteries so that’s my tool budget blown for the next couple of months.

Today i visited couple more machinery dealers, no luck finding a decent mill to buy but found couple of end mills to buy, also managed to buy new old euro aluminium socket, i'm missing one on my lathe you can see the holes in the electrical cabinet on the lathe, only bad thing the socket is blue, i need to prep it and paint it.
View attachment 242755 View attachment 242756 View attachment 242757
Be glad it is only the socket. My whole lathe is blue....
Your socket would blend in perfectly. The upside is it was painted over without removing any gunk. Makes it quite easy to get most of the paint off again
Good find though!
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back