2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are a French company & have been around for a while. Not very popular in the US besides those who are Eurpoean vehicles enthusiast. They're quite expensive & in my opinion some of their tools look noveltyish or too fancy. I do own a couple of their hacksaws though & like them a lot. Expensive though, made in France.

They used to own SK Tools & Facom is now owned by the Stanley Black & Decker group. They used sell Ferrari branded tools. Not sure if they were the official supplier of hand tools for Ferrari though. These days it's Beta Tools that Ferrari uses.
Thanks for the information
Paul

Last weekend i visited couple of tool and flea markets, there wasn't too much good tools, more woodworking stuff but in between i found this used deburring tool seems like good quality, then i found this metal scraping round ruler, and i found about 10 meters to this 3/4 by 3/4 square plastic material, it was half the price then the cheap plastics i'm buying for turning in the lathe, looks like teflon or naylon, will come in handy for future project.
DSC_0009.JPGDSC_0013.JPGDSC_0017.JPG

I have been looking to get a decent gage block set for several months and finally landed a Mitutoyo set. It is in excellent shape, wrings nicely, and it is one of my better eBay snags. It came in the original Mitutoyo orange box with the wooden box tucked in its original plastic bag and with all the paperwork.

I got it all cleaned up and wiped down with Boeshield.

they wring.jpg

IMG_20171012_160405.jpg
Mity gage blocks.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost ran out of my Tap Magic tapping oil so I thought I should try a different type, ended up buying a bottle of "Extra thick" by tap magic, tried it this afternoon on some hot rolled and cold rolled rods, it is a great product,it is is really thick, almost like cold honey so the oil doesn't get thrown all over my face or shirt like it did with the thinner oil.
10042-03365.jpg

I almost ran out of my Tap Magic tapping oil so I thought I should try a different type, ended up buying a bottle of "Extra thick" by tap magic, tried it this afternoon on some hot rolled and cold rolled rods, it is a great product,it is is really thick, almost like cold honey so the oil doesn't get thrown all over my face or shirt like it did with the thinner oil.
View attachment 244599

I have that same size bottle of it too. I put some in a Spillmaster. I don't use it in the winter time, it gets way too thick & I live in sunny Socal where it doesn't get cold. Good stuff but still not a replacement for the EP Xtra that I use more. I use Boelube the most but that stuff is crazy expensive. I have 2 gallons which will last me a very long time but when I run out I doubt I will buy more unless the price comes down or if Enco magically reopens.

I have that same size bottle of it too. I put some in a Spillmaster. I don't use it in the winter time, it gets way too thick & I live in sunny Socal where it doesn't get cold. Good stuff but still not a replacement for the EP Xtra that I use more. I use Boelube the most but that stuff is crazy expensive. I have 2 gallons which will last me a very long time but when I run out I doubt I will buy more unless the price comes down or if Enco magically reopens.
I just thought about our winters over here, lol.it'll be rock solid.:eek:

I just thought about our winters over here, lol.it'll be rock solid.:eek:

Haha! I'm still able to use it & clings onto the workpiece even better but it's kind of a pain in the butt. Slows me down & seems wasteful. It's gets thick like cold honey for me. I wonder if it gets even thicker in colder climates or if it just gets to a certain viscocity & stays that way.

Got me a new set of BFG KO2s for my truck. Won't need em until probably early next year but the deal was too good pass up. I paid $160 less than what my last set cost me.

If anyone needs tires, Discount Tires Direct is having a sale on ebay right now. $100 off $400+, good for wheels & tires, expires 10/30. https://www.ebay.com/rpp/4887?_trkparms=&clkid=8318475479999088340

Unfortunately the coupon this time is limited to 1 use per account. In the past if your tires cost more than $200 each, you could buy 2 with $100 off, then purchase another 2 with $100 off.

20171019_170833.jpg

Today i bought couple of tools, first was this highly used carbide insert boring bar, first i thought someone has destroyed it but checked it is not bent and has surprisingly good quality, then i found this Somet indicator, there were couple more but this was only one with a round stem for attaching, and both are at a decent price.
DSC_0015.JPGDSC_0019.JPGDSC_0020.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back