Status
Not open for further replies.
Another delivery from our wonderful postal service
20171026_142520_001.jpg
Hole punches, metric and standard
Drill gauge
Metric and standard screw/bolt gauge
Thread gauge

Kinda a theme here, some items I have several of already, just can never find one when I need them, the others will help me when setting up new shop made tooling.

Rich

Won a government auction bid on a 12 inch Di-Arco shear. They're pretty proud of these, $2700 new. This one looks like new aside from some surface rust on the table. The knives are sharp and don't look like they've ever been flipped or turned, (4 cutting edges). Tried some .036 sheet steel, beautiful burr free cut, even slices paper.
KIMG0438.jpg

Greg

I have been looking for a used Millermatic 210 or 212 with spool gun for about 5 years. I’ve had a Hobart 180 for about ten years but have had the hankering to upgrade for a while. Not many come on the local used market and the ones that came up, I was either too late or they were not in good shape. They seem to go quick around here for some reason. I had only seen a few and none with a two cylinder rack. Well today was finally my day. I found the listing early, and the asking price turned out to be reasonable. I made contact with the seller and completed the sale early in the day. It was a home/hobby use unit with spool gun and was in great shape. It came equipped with the two cylinder rack with two 120 cf tanks fully charged! It also had been upgraded with a Bernard MiG gun and also came with the original Miller M25 gun as well (unused). Also included were some misc tips and a 30 lb roll of .35 steel wire and a 30 lb roll of .35 stainless wire. I usually run .30 so I’m not sure if .35 is a better fit for this machine.

View attachment 244836
Now all I have to do is learn to weld like Firestopper!
Hahah! I been practicing since 1978 and burned a ton as a young slave for the US Navy. Very nice machine you found. Looks new and well cared for. The machine won't care what wire you feed it so long as you use the correct wire feed tension rollers. Usually flipped, one side grooves is for .030 and other side for .035. What spool gun you running? I run the M25 whip vs the larger heavier BernardTM Q300 MIG gun. I will use it for prolonged high amperage demand. I love the 30A spoolmatic gun, It can lay nice beads.
Congrats on your upgrade amigo!
Paco

bss1,
We had a Miller 210 at the ski area. We ran flux core 7018 with shielding gas for the high strength steel sno-cat frame repairs, spool gun for aluminum grooming tiller repairs, straight flux core for ski lift repairs (wherever we could transform 480 3 phase to 230 single phase from snowmaking power), on and on. Out of 4 welders that machine was the go-to machine whenever possible. Since you have been looking for one you already know the pros and (the few) cons. A pretty nice machine. Wish I had one in my personal shop.

Our local Industrial Metal Supply (IMS) store is celebrating five year anniversary (in Tucson) today and tomorrow with 20% off all store items and 50% off all remnants.
Picked up 2",1.5",1.375",1" x 12" CR,1" x 36" T6 aluminum, and 3/4" x 30" A-1. Also grabbed two Shaviv de-burring tools.
Saved over $40 :D
IMG_1840.JPG

90 degree and 45 degree double bevel cutters, bought the 7 of them on ebay as a group. 1" arbor
View attachment 244759
richl--

I have quite a few cutters of various kinds that came with my Atlas mill and, as a beginner, I have a couple of questions that I hope you might be able to answer, since it looks like you may be buying used cutters. I believe mine are all used, and my first question is: how can I determine if they need to be sharpened? All the ones I've tried do cut metal, but I don't have enough experience to know if they're cutting as well as they should. A few have chipped teeth and I've discarded them, but most look pretty good. The second question follows from the first: where can you get cutters like this sharpened, and is it cost effective to do so? If you or anyone else has any input on this I would appreciate it!

Bill Burton

Wlburton, you might try asking that question in the questions or beginner sub form ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back