2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear, I'm guessing u didn't buy them they were free, nice co worker.

Bear, I'm guessing u didn't buy them they were free, nice co worker.

No, he wanted $20 for all of them... I didn't try to talk him down...

I missed the weight by a fuzz... I put them on the scale... they came in at 46 pounds...

-Bear

Today i had some work in the area where the scrap yards are located, so i visited one, i was looking for round pieces to turn in the lathe but found only two small pieces, did bought couple of thick square pieces and two old CO2 extinguishers, they are empty, i may change the valve and use them for welding gas or even use the bottle for work piece if i need that size, it all came under 10 euros.
DSC_0004.JPG

Today i visited couple of tool and flea markets, did not found nothing special, bought usual shop supplies, carbide inserts, cutting oil, shop rags and managed to find those, fiat ball joints, OEM brand new, that i need for a future project, experience has taught me if you'll need something in the near future the first opportunity you can buy it is the best time to buy it.
DSC_0010.JPG

My new ER20 floating tap holder arrived in the mail yesterday. I also ordered a couple of collets: one for a 1/4" tap and one for a 3/8" tap. Once I get my mill spindle to reverse with a M4 command I can continue with making a mini pallet.

Floating Tap Holder.jpg

I haven't really studied this, but have found that No. 4, 5 and 6 taps all take the same driver, It is possible that other, larger size taps also come in groups, like maybe 1/4 and 5/16. something to find out about before buying tap driver collets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back