2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dog ! An 8 ft parallel ? My god , I'de hate to see the vise that was used in ! o_O

View attachment 262140
Hi hman, I started with the basic kit shown above and added a few extras. The dual port at the mill station, various valves and fittings and the gauge. I found I needed more mounting clips. It worked out well, used all but 10 feet.
Thanks!

View attachment 262140
Hi hman, I started with the basic kit shown above and added a few extras. The dual port at the mill station, various valves and fittings and the gauge. I found I needed more mounting clips. It worked out well, used all but 10 feet.

Paul,
Who did you buy everything from?

I have been looking at doing that in my basement shop.
Looks to be a whole lot easier and possibly cheaper than copper or pipe, plus all the fittings.

In a moment of weakness, I lent my MGEHR 1212-2 parting tool, to a now ex-friend, who now believes it’s his. As with hindsight, I’d rather buy another parting tool, than persue his friendship, I ordered a new parting tool today. It’s a cheap, BangGood tool, with 10 inserts, that works remarkably well, so another parting tool, for about $17, with free shipping and guaranteed delivery by 3/24, how could I go wrong.

Last edited:
I went out with a girl, when I lived in Milwaukee, that relationship ended on so-so terms, but remain a good friend of her brother. The brother, up until last year worked for an industrial supplier, in San Juan, PR, that sold cutting tools and other stuff to countries in the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America, but for some reason, not the US. He, from time to time, would send me samples, the last group of HSS end mills, he sent me, all had 3/8” shanks, like the ones shown by ACHiPo. They were samples from South Korea, no brand marking, meant to be private labeled by the seller,. He sent a dozen each from 1/8” to 1/2”, in 1/16” steps, in both 2 and 4 flute versions. These were a first for me, up until they arrived, all of my end mill, the shank and flutes, were the same size. They work great, 2 weeks after he sent them, he quit, go to work for M-B, in Argentina.

Paul,
Who did you buy everything from?

I have been looking at doing that in my basement shop.
Looks to be a whole lot easier and possibly cheaper than copper or pipe, plus all the fittings.

Mike,

I got the the 3/4" maxline basic system and the Prevost air couplers and plugs from Amazon. All the other miscellaneous fittings and valves from McMaster-Carr. For my size shop I could have gone with the their 1/2" system and saved a good bit of $$. (hindsight is always 20-20)

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back