2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i visited couple of tool markets, flea markets, did lots of walking looking, there was some machinist tools but way overpriced. I did managed to buy couple of consumptives, also bought a bunch of cheap bottom of the berrol power strips, other thing i found was three all different size and pressures pressure gauges, the smallest one has range -1 to 15 bar. Other was 0 to 160 bar with glass font, the third is the biggest, in fact it is massive 0 to 400 bar and is screaming shop press.
DSC_0142.JPGDSC_0143.JPGDSC_0145.JPGDSC_0148.JPGDSC_0152.JPG

Nice day here for the flea market finally! Found a couple tools. 3” Criterion 5 bucks guy didn’t know what it was. Some grinding wheels .25 a piece. Nice little sandvik diamond file card never used but dirty for a buck. And some ferrite cores. Once again guy didn’t know what they were but had a huge assortment of them. .25pc I bought every size x2. I don’t know a lot about them just a little from some dc stuff I deal with. With installing vfds I know they can be used but I haven’t figured out how to spec them out for specific applications yet. 65B28D14-09D2-4EA5-9741-3AE04C5D5234.jpeg2347787B-0E82-4D3C-B9A2-ABD02F844DBD.jpeg

I have one of those with the 90 degree piece as well. They are handy to have around

Bad again , eBay buy it now or offer, three tool holders Armstrong's, the swivel head for my planer ,,,wanting badly ,,, a threading and parting off . It's been listed forever for $75 + $7 ship. So I send an offer to my surprise he accepts $33. Not bad , look today I win drill bushings about thirty , $15.00, now the wife's gonna really kill me. But I have two guys who want my reloading set up and supplies . One wants to come Sat another in a week after. By my calculations I'm in the good the value of the loader with everything is over $3k if I sell for $1,500 ill be ok . Shot for one bag is $40. and I have at least ten bags . Over twenty pounds of powder, plus primers and wads with the hydraulic mec . Oh well I guess the hunt is the fun and proving I could get the tool holder for my twenty dollar price tag or less.

I have a SB 405 lathe that uses the old 1 1/2 x 10 TPI thread spindle nose. I just picked up this spindle from eBay that I will use to replace what I currently have with a Model-C spindle so I can have the common 1 1/2 x 8 TPI spindle nose.
Dang, that’s smaller than mine. My SB 13 single has the hard to find 1 7/8 8 tpi. Trying to find a chuck with a backing plate is tough. You?

I always wanted a complete set of good quality fractional drill bit set but the good ones as you know are so expensive.,I have hundreds of drill bits but couldn't keep my eyes off this Norseman (Viking) stubby set, last week I convinced myself that I need a set:abnornal:
29 pieces, Hi-Molybdenum tool steel/ Gold Oxide ,135-Degree split point.100% USA made:
Used a couple and liked how they performed.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001C92C04/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

81Av+LjfoFL._SL1500_.jpg

I always wanted a complete set of good quality fractional drill bit set but the good ones as you know are so expensive.,I have hundreds of drill bits but couldn't keep my eyes off this Norseman (Viking) stubby set, last week I convinced myself that I need a set:abnornal:
29 pieces, Hi-Molybdenum tool steel/ Gold Oxide ,135-Degree split point.100% USA made:
Used a couple and liked how they performed.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001C92C04/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 266194

About three years ago, I bought a 115pc Hertel HSS screw machine drill bit set. It was an excellent investment. It's hard to beat the convenience of having just the right bit for whatever job on hand.

I bought this drill press:

1524793601488.png
It was not a steal but a fair price I believe.
I did not inspect it. I hope it is as nice as it looks when I get it. I plan to make a project out of it. Possibly swap out the motor for variable speed. Maybe alter the table to accept hold downs. There is already one idiot mark in the table (just one though.) It has the oil table and the table lifter.
I will start a thread to get some ideas soon.
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back