2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Yuasa dividing plates today from Industry recycles, no instructions in the box, I'll have to look them up I suppose. Kelly from IR was very helpful with a shipping refund. I was charged FedEx prices, and it came USPS, I emailed yesterday, the refund was in today.:eagerness:

Picked-up this Husky bottom box today at Home Depot. It's a Kennedy knock-off and has a similar brown look and stipple textured finish. It's decent quality and will serve the intended purpose. I was going to get the 26x40 Harbor Freight unit because I had a coupon but the total was still going to be around $250. Home Depot was selling this for $179. I lucked-out, it was the demo model and had a crinkled corner on the top left side. They offered a $30 discount and I said "Sold". For about $165 it went out the door. It took all of 5 minutes to bang the dent out with a block of wood and mallet.

IMG_20180524_195559.jpg

Ray

But I bet there are other guys who buy a lot more, just don't want to advertise it to their better half.

Wise. Always best to get the packaging disposed of and the new aquisition out into the workshop before SHMBO arrives home. And if that doesn’t happen, always, ALWAYS say it was half the price it actually was. Therein lies a happy marriage. :p

Mine just nods her head at me... she encouraged me to buy my fadal. She knows that it’s my hobby and being in the military I don’t do much so I atleast need to have something to put my mind into. She even bought me an ar15 kit.

Picked-up this Husky bottom box today at Home Depot. It's a Kennedy knock-off and has a similar brown look and stipple textured finish. It's decent quality and will serve the intended purpose. I was going to get the 26x40 Harbor Freight unit because I had a coupon but the total was still going to be around $250. Home Depot was selling this for $179. I lucked-out, it was the demo model and had a crinkled corner on the top left side. They offered a $30 discount and I said "Sold". For about $165 it went out the door. It took all of 5 minutes to bang the dent out with a block of wood and mallet.

View attachment 268135

Ray
Ray, I got the same deal on the same box back around Christmas last year. Mine had a dent on the left rear bottom corner. Great box for the price.

Few more eBay and internet shopping pick ups.

Bruce

Brazed on carbide round tool bits. Was hoping for a better finish, probably operator error
20180519_145015.jpg
20180519_145641.jpg

Nice set of Nicholson and Grobet die filer files
20180524_191504.jpg

Couple of ratcheting tap wrenches from Shars
20180524_191618.jpg

Happy with this Carboloy 2" facing mill and inserts
20180524_192034.jpg

Albrecht 1/32" - 1/2" chuck on an R-8 arbor
20180524_192122.jpg

Metric drill gauge
20180526_141054.jpg

Today i visited the local flea market, this time usually there is some old tooling brought from germany. Because of the weather there wasn't too many vendors but i did managed to buy couple bigger drill bits, i'm sure many of you won't bother with drill bits this old, short, rusty, but here price of any taper end drill bit is significantly higher and bigger than 20mm new is close to the average monthly paycheck, i chose the sizes i'm often using and all except one are freshly sharpened. I also bought an tapered reamer because it has an extended MT2 to MT3 reducer i'll need to do some cleaning and sharpening on them. All in all not bad especially for the price i paid.
DSC_0269.JPGDSC_0273.JPGDSC_0275.JPG

Few more eBay and internet shopping pick ups.

Bruce

Brazed on carbide round tool bits. Was hoping for a better finish, probably operator error
View attachment 268328
View attachment 268329

Nice set of Nicholson and Grobet die filer files
View attachment 268330

Couple of ratcheting tap wrenches from Shars
View attachment 268331

Happy with this Carboloy 2" facing mill and inserts
View attachment 268332

Albrecht 1/32" - 1/2" chuck on an R-8 arbor
View attachment 268333

Metric drill gauge
View attachment 268334

Bruce,
I have noticed you’re Ebay scores are frequent and filled with wonder.
You may have a bit of an addiction, not that there is anything wrong with that.
I’m just jealous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back