What Did You Buy Today?

What happened ?,even the original price was a steal . I've never seen Mituyoyo in Lee Valley. Starrett, yes.

Yeah I don't know. I think the first sticker price (the one that is crossed off) is also a sale offering, so my price today was already twice discounted. I've seen this quite a bit in the store -- a discount gets discounted even further when it still refuses to move. As for the brand though, I agree, I've never seen Mitutoyo offered. Could have been a test market at one time, or I thought they may have even bought them for their own shop use perhaps. To me, the packaging looks like from the '80's, so I think they've been on a shelf somewhere for a very long time.

-frank

They do pick up left over stock. Sometimes as far back as the '30s .May be it was in one of those batches Whatever, you did great..

ANY Mitutoyo measuring instrument of ANY age for under $20 is outright THEFT!!! Congratulations! You definitely suck ... twice.

Murphy law strikes again, couple of weeks back i went junkyard to junkyard, store to store to buy a good carburetor for the little Lada i'm fixing, and after buying a bunch of them and building two good ones out of all of them yesterday, passing by a flea market, first thing i see, two carburetors for a Niva, they are very dirty, but still in great shape and at 4$ a piece, i could not pass them, better to have them and not need them.
IMG_20190113_100407.jpgIMG_20190113_100513.jpgIMG_20190113_100705.jpgIMG_20190113_100659.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Just a few eBay purchases: a couple of old Logan catalogs and a Jacobs catalog from 1970. The Jacobs catalog
is a useful reference since it has all the part numbers and specs for the older chucks as well as part numbers
for all the repair parts and keys. Jacobs must have imported Albrecht chucks back then, since it has them listed with
repair parts as well.

Got my first Machinerys Handbook today. 16th edition from 1959. Who keeps the dust cover!! Also has the original owners name and date plus an imprint (like the one a notary uses) that says Library of Kyle H Peterson. Pretty cool.

20190114_210146.jpg

Murphy law strikes again, couple of weeks back i went junkyard to junkyard, store to store to buy a good carburetor for the little Lada i'm fixing, and after buying a bunch of them and building two good ones out of all of them yesterday, passing by a flea market, first thing i see, two carburetors for a Niva, they are very dirty, but still in great shape and at 4$ a piece, i could not pass them, better to have them and not need them.
View attachment 284814View attachment 284815View attachment 284813View attachment 284816
GoceKU,

You know what's going to happen. You're going to get this car all finished up and a mint one will show up on your door step for next to nothing.

Bruce

GoceKU,

You know what's going to happen. You're going to get this car all finished up and a mint one will show up on your door step for next to nothing.

Bruce

Now that would be just plain sadistic if that happened.
If it did, I would be very careful crossing any streets where buses travel. :cautious:

If it did, I would be very careful crossing any streets where buses travel. :cautious:

Yeah, i may finish fixing it and my country may enforce new anti pollution laws, but hopefully, this being over 35 years old they leave a loophole to register it as a oldtimer.

Bus and truck drivers are the last of my concern, i'm more concerned to be in the same city when one of my ex girlfriend is driving :grin big:.

Back