What Did You Buy Today?

Narex Vhu 1 3/8" (travel) boring and facing head with R-8 arbor.

NICE ! I've got the identical set . It's one of those tools I just can't let go of . :cool:

Narex Vhu 1 3/8" (travel) boring and facing head with R-8 arbor. Not too often that you need a facing or larger boring head, but if the project is too large for the lathe, being able to bore/face/groove on the mill is nice. Checked to see what comes up occasionally over the years, most are usually too big, too expensive and often in not so good condition when the price is affordable. Wouldn't have minded getting the next size up, but the condition and price of this one was hard to pass up. It is also a more current style with replaceable carbide inserts. I have a 2" boring head, this one is 3" and with the extension you can bore to a 9" diameter.

View attachment 292486

View attachment 292487

I can't count the number of times I wish I had this tool!
Very nice!

I've been looking to buy couple of front wing side indicators, for the Little Niva and today i finally found and bought a pair, those cars are notorious for rusting at them and someone had deleted them, but i think they are important, especially because of the box shape of the body fronts are hard to see and half of motorist don't pay attention in traffic, now i can drill new holes to be able to mount them. Did i mention they cost 3$ for both, some of the OEM parts are extremely cheap.
IMG_20190413_210411.jpg

Narex Vhu 1 3/8" (travel) boring and facing head with R-8 arbor.
I can't count the number of times I wish I had this tool!
Very nice!

I sold a couple Enco B/F heads and all my regular boring heads over the years but kept the Narex and my smaller Wahlhopter head . I don't even own a mill but these 2 tools bring back many memories of past projects and are hard to part with . I did bring the small one into work and used it on a bearing repair job within the past year . They said it was the coolest tool they've ever seen . :grin: ( I now work in a maintenance role now with mechanics )

Today i went and visit the local tool/ flea market, the first thing i bought was this diff flange and driveshaft joint, it has a new u joint in it just little dirty and rusty, for the Little Niva, when off roading is just the question of when i'm going to need them, and the only other thing i bought was this Bosch grinder at 14$ nearly new i thought is a great deal, not a bad trip.
IMG_20190414_101032.jpg
IMG_20190414_101126.jpgIMG_20190414_101141.jpg

Today after work i stopped by a parts store, and bought couple of new wheel oil seals, and 5 liters of gear oil, yes this little thing takes that much oil in its two diffs, transfer box and gearbox, unfortunately i can't, assemble them today because i have couple of other jobs in the works but i'll be back to work on it soon.
IMG_20190417_142822.jpgIMG_20190417_142851.jpg

I saw mention of something online metals has, it called a protobox they will fill a box with5, 10 or 20 lbs of either steel, aluminium or brass. I need some brass for knobs and such so I thought I'd give it a shot. Just arrived a few minutes ago.
20190419_153400.jpg
It's kinda the luck of the draw, a few more pieces of solid round and a few less of tubing. But I'm happy, cheaper than mcmasters. :grin:

Back