What Did You Buy Today?

+1!!!

My shop has/had a bunch of dual-tube 8 foot fluorescents on the ceiling. Bought a case of LED replacements, and have been replacing the tubes as they burn out. For an 8 foot fixture, you remove and wire around the ballast. I also use a short length of #14 solid wire, run across the top of the housing and curled around the middle of the (somewhat flimsy) plastic and aluminum lamps to keep them from sagging. LOVE the new lights ... and no more irritating buzz!

I Picked up a spare 6x12 magnetic chuck yesterday from a auction. It’s a madava made in Holland. I had never heard of them and googling looks like they’ve merge with a couple companies since this one was made. Their now called Bakker-madava and have the TTC logo on their nameplate. I like this configuration with the on/off lever at the end and chucked is drilled for fences on all four sides so it can b mounted left or right. She needs a little clean up but I liked it and for 22 bucks you can’t go wrong.
653D83A5-EAD1-4ABA-A5CB-A9F7D0B1480D.jpeg92976906-294B-4226-8346-C4026B323F13.jpeg

Few more items. Picked up a couple of 3/8" M12 Milwaukee Fuel ratchets; one for the house, one for the shop. They've got some weight to them, but are variable speed and put out 55 ft. lbs. of torque. The Fuel style means a brushless motor. Don't think I'd use them enough to wear out the brush style, but I figure what's mine is my wife's which will become our son's.

View attachment 291741

View attachment 291742

Last of the "stuff" from the local shop that shut down. They had a slug of DTI's, most were Federal Testmasters. Don't know if that's good or not, but I've now got a lifetime supply.

View attachment 291743
View attachment 291744

Also grabbed a 5" x 2" sine bar/plate and an 10" x 6" sine plate.

View attachment 291745

Bruce

Bruce,
You suck! "Don't know if test masters are any good" Doesn't matter, you'll find a good one in that batch.
The sine bar ain't shabby either. Those Milwaukee's are sweet.

Bruce,
You suck! "Don't know if test masters are any good" Doesn't matter, you'll find a good one in that batch.
The sine bar ain't shabby either. Those Milwaukee's are sweet.

I got one for the shop. Use it to loosen my drawbar on my mill. I don’t have the ceiling space to build a power drawbar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today on my way from work i stopped by couple hardware stores, and picked up couple things, i'm missing couple of sizes on inverted torx sockets, so i bought a new set, also picked up a drill mounted wire brash, and a new charger for my bosch cordeless drill, my old one cought on fire.
IMG_20190423_163521.jpg

Few more eBay pick ups. I got the okay from my better half to look for a Tormach 1100 mill. Picked up a few tooling items in prep of finding a mill. First is another set of adjustable parallels.

20190413_154605.jpg

Don't know why, but I prefer the tumbler style of digital micrometer over electronic. Found this Chinese 0-3" set for $40 including shipping. They seem to be smooth and checked the same as my Mitutoyo's on a few random gauge blocks, so very pleased.

20190420_155632.jpg
20190420_155642.jpg

Lastly, another M12 tool. This one's a 1/4" ratchet. I have a couple of the 3/8" Fuel ratchets, but snapped off a couple of 1/4" bolts, so went with the brush style instead of the brushless to drop the torque.

20190423_150603.jpg

Bruce

Although I regularly pick up odd items for projects and I’m a frequent offender with Macmaster-Carr I usually don’t splurge. But this time I decided to buy something just because I wanted them. I used my Zoro 25% off coupon and bought myself a set of Starrett tap wrenches. The 91A, 91B and 91C (I’m still holding off on the 91D). Bright shiny and still made in the USA! :encourage:

B670872C-07D1-4B52-93AC-EFDF21EF3F84.jpeg

Although I regularly pick up odd items for projects and I’m a frequent offender with Macmaster-Carr I usually don’t splurge. But this time I decided to buy something just because I wanted them. I used my Zoro 25% off coupon and bought myself a set of Starrett tap wrenches. The 91A, 91B and 91C (I’m still holding off on the 91D). Bright shiny and still made in the USA! :encourage:

View attachment 293359

Nice! I did the same, have A, B, & C but still haven't bought the D yet. Mainly cause I doubt I would ever use the D but it's needed to complete the set. I think you need a #174 also. Doesn't have the v notch & is not spring loaded but it sure is cute! I love the spring loaded design of the Starrett 91s since the taps don't get loose while tapping!

I got a new old stock drill chuck of the small verity, had to get a morse arbour for it, my drill press has a 5/8" chuck and doesn't hold drills below 2.5mm so now I can without adding a pin chuck or similar :) yay, made in London uk.

Stu

Back