What Did You Buy Today?

Congrats, Ulma Dr. I tried really hard to find a Victor 1640, but no luck. Please post some about this as you get going?

Congrats, Ulma Dr. I tried really hard to find a Victor 1640, but no luck. Please post some about this as you get going?
hi @Winegrower,
this lathe came up a couple times when i was searching, then it would disappear-
it came up again with a lower price, so i took half a day off work to go and view it .
i'll be sure to post pics and projects.

wow, congrats! How many lathes is that now? If you ever need to make space..... :)
Hi Matt,
thank you very much!
that makes (EDIT: ) 10 lathes and 2 Unimats (if you wanna call them lathes)
i had to get rid of something (my shopsmith :() as a prerequisite for acquiring another piece of equipment.

my rule now (as hard as it was to swallow),
is to sell or donate a piece of equipment, BEFORE i purchase another machine for which i can't live without any longer

Last edited:
Found this old RF-115 model saw.
A bit rough but for $100 I thought why not.
View attachment 314716
Good Find!
I had one very similar for years, cut a lot of material with it, until I got the itch for something bigger & better. But thinking back a few years (of course after I got rid of the old one) I'm not sure bigger is always better, sometimes just more expensive to feed!

my rule now (as hard as it was to swallow),
is to sell or donate a piece of equipment, BEFORE i purchase another machine for which i can't live without any longer

I just made my self a similar rule. But selling is so difficult and I keep seeing good deals...

2a55c3a8fd5fd2ef8550524536961a48.jpg

Picked up something else for the shop...
As you can see not much space as it is.

I want to buy a 5 axis trunnion for my mill next.

Got me a couple of more new indexable tools. Well I already have these same exact ones, just got tired of swapping inserts for different materials. I have doubles for my other most used tools, these were the last ones that I wanted for doubles.

20200226_173216.jpg

My doubles
20200226_173041.jpg

Ebay score on some rolls of tape. Yeah I know, just tape but this 3M speciality tape costs $50 a roll in this size. Always wanted a roll this size but no way I was going to pay that much for one. Found an odd listing for $11 shipped a roll. Listing title matched, but the description was for ziplock baggies, & the description details said 1" wide instead of 2". Same seller had another odd listing but 5 rolls for $33 shipped. Took a chance & bought the 5 rolls for $33, sure enough they were the right ones. Woohoo!

20200226_172508.jpg

They're in another drawer in indexes, they only make holes though. ;) The other few went with the mini lathe to my lil brother. I think the only tools I have now that mount on my tool post with HSS are my knurling tools, the rest not pictured are all carbide too. nana.gif grin.gif

Back