What Did You Buy Today?

Technically I bought this yesterday.
A 48” x 36” sheet of 1/4” 6061
Plus a bunch of odds and sods of 6061;
One wrist pin from something huge. Thrown in for good measure.
4586c267b75f289b2a8f34ea6824a040.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work.
I might copy yours.
Thinking about 1/2” thick aluminum handle with sockets pressed into undersized holes.

Technically I bought this yesterday.
A 48” x 36” sheet of 1/4” 6061
Plus a bunch of odds and sods of 6061;
One wrist pin from something huge. Thrown in for good measure.
4586c267b75f289b2a8f34ea6824a040.jpg

Good score! You will need carbide tooling to make anything out of that wrist pin.

Just scored this on eBay, going to collect tonight as it's only down the road from me. 10 ton hydraulic bench press. Allegedly Sealey branded, but who cares for the price I paid. Table support pins will get remade, it's mucky as hell and I need to do some metal bashing on the frame and table but other than its supposed to be good.

Just like someone above said you should put the table on correctly. Looks like the last user didn’t exactly know how it was supposed to work.

Just like someone above said you should put the table on correctly. Looks like the last user didn’t exactly know how it was supposed to work.

That pic is from the eBay listing, where the seller had the press in storage. When I went to pick it up the table was in the correct orientation. I don’t know how the table got bent like that, but the bottom cross members are twisted as well. It won’t take a lot to clean up and get straightened up.

I’ve spent the last hour or so fixing the pressure gauge - it was losing the glycerine from inside the case. Oh, and the leak / bad seal the seller mentioned? It’s a completely missing sealing washer between the gauge and the top of the cylinder. It’s pennies to fix.

Back