What Did You Buy Today?

I got 100 lbs of grass seed from TSC so I can spend my time and $$$ cutting more grass this summer . I shoulda bought some asphalt or concrete . :big grin: TSC was pretty empty as were the roads . All schools , restuerants , gyms , bars etc are basically shut down other than carry out. My wife and 2 children are working from home during the day , I'll find out if my sleep gets compromised tomorrow .

Your going to hear the grass growing already???? :)

I saw 80 degrees one day this week , so I figure it's time . They ARE calling for snow on Sunday , so I should get it down Sat if possible .

Now I can get rid of the fog of war with my extractor, I thought I'd give mist coolant a go. I have these coming from various virus hotspots from around the world.

Cheapo eBay chinese mist sprayer. Coming from "Manchester" in Guangdong
s-l500-2.jpgs-l500.jpg
Some 8mm air hose (actually from the UK!)
s-l1600-4.jpg
Appropriate tail for my air outlets, from "London", Jiangsu
s-l1600-6.jpg
And some pipe clips, which is properly advertised as Shenzen...
s-l1600-5.jpg

The whole lot shipped (with free germs!) was just over £20. So I'm not expecting the best quality but it's enough to mess about with for a start.

Everything will be unpacked using full NBC gear and decontaminated prior to use. ;)

Not much. Just a few odds and ends from Shars and Tru Grit Abrasives. Got an edge finder, center finder and a wiggler set. Have never used either and didn't know which I would like best so I bought both. Needed a drill chuck for one of my drill presses and to use on the lathe. Got the MT2 punch to make it easy to remove the chuck from the drill press. And lastly but not the least some ceramic 60 grit belts for the belt sander.

IMG_3852.JPG

Everything will be unpacked using full NBC gear and decontaminated prior to use. ;)
Durn! Been a while since I heard NBC. Everything's CBR (chemical, biological, radiological) nowadays. But it just doesn't have the same "ring" to it. :)

Got me a few more mahr indicators.

e108072121e34d9e9d8031c45a4c0fe4.jpg

8bd7bc3242a782f6cfe9ab85abb94b3b.jpg

If you don't see well, add some Quasar light. I put down an old black rag to deaden the glare.

A big old chunk of solid forged aluminum. $10 :D

Did you just pick that up to use for raw material? Sometimes it's fun to get creative in the search for materials. In the past I've found myself wandering up and down the aisles at Lowes looking for just the right product I could scavenge or modify for the widget I was working on. Like buying a cheap concrete trowel for a small piece of thin spring steel or whatever.

Back