What Did You Buy Today?

As a plumber, I cut 11 threads on pipe smaller than 2" and 9 threads on pipe 2" and larger. NPT threads that is.

Is this a typo? I’ve cut many many pipe threads in an oilfield machine shop but never this pitch. We did 11 1/2 and 8 pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know what NOS stands for, but that is a set from P&N Australia you can see each tap and die has it stamped on them. P&N has been synonymous for quality in Australia, for about 100 years. You may also come across Sutton branded tools, they are a partner brand and equally high quality, I hope you enjoy them.

NOS means New Old Stock.
It’s a brand new set, never been used.
It came packed with an Australian newspaper from 1972.
I love old tools so they totally fill my tool nerd needs :)

Is this a typo? I’ve cut many many pipe threads in an oilfield machine shop but never this pitch. We did 11 1/2 and 8 pitch.

Actually, I think it is not the pitch he's talking about, just a fast rule about how deep to cut the threads.

joe

Actually, I think it is not the pitch he's talking about, just a fast rule about how deep to cut the threads.

joe

Ah, yes....I see what he’s referring to now. If I pay enough attention, I’ll learn something everyday. Thanks for the heads up...

I don't know. I just use whatever RIdgid provides me, I cut

joe

Correct, I turn on my awesome Ridgid 300 and thread until I get 9 or 11 threads. No idea on the thread pitch.

Back