What Did You Buy Today?

I added a couple more tools to the inventory this week. Nothing fancy, but certainly useful. I stopped at a local used machine dealer last weekend looking for some 6061 and 316 bar stock. He didn't have what i was looking for as far as metal was concerned, but showed me some things he's purchased from a local shop.

I ended up with a set of thread wires, a B&S magnetic V block for the grinder, a standard B&S V block and clamp for the mill, and a Starrett 124 inside micrometer set. I did spend a couple hours cleaning and calibrating the micrometer set, but everything else is just as purchased. The thread wires must have a few years on them because every set is in a glass bottle. There's a picture of the stash I picked up for $75.00

Attachments

• IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 74
I added a couple more tools to the inventory this week. Nothing fancy, but certainly useful. I stopped at a local used machine dealer last weekend looking for some 6061 and 316 bar stock. He didn't have what i was looking for as far as metal was concerned, but showed me some things he's purchased from a local shop.

I ended up with a set of thread wires, a B&S magnetic V block for the grinder, a standard B&S V block and clamp for the mill, and a Starrett 124 inside micrometer set. I did spend a couple hours cleaning and calibrating the micrometer set, but everything else is just as purchased. The thread wires must have a few years on them because every set is in a glass bottle. There's a picture of the stash I picked up for $75.00

What is a used machine dealer?
(Kidding of course, I cannot imagine having access to used machine place I could drop by! Colour me envious!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got a Bridgeport style Turret Mill on friday. The Mill is a Hafco BM-20E it's a 2006 model 3 phase with a 2hp motor. It came with a 6" vice, Er32 Collets and Chuck, 3" Face Mill and a Bham Boring & Facing Head. Looking at the manual for the machine it seems that Bridgeport parts will interchange as the part numbers in the manual are Bridgeport. I didn't get any tooling for the boring head so I'll have to make some attachments and buy some boring bars for it. I just ordered four 6000kg4.jpg5.jpgmachinery-mover-v100-1.2_43dcd6e7-6568-4947-b8d3-7d5f6c821688_2048x2048.jpg20210326_131706_resized[12975].jpg machine skates this morning so I can move it into position. The dirty picture of the mill is at the place where I bought it and the other is hanging from my forklift outside my work. The forklift pic may look deceiving with the sling being slack, but if you look closer there is a chain through the lifting ring on the mill. The pallet had partly collapsed on the truck so we used the chain through the ring to stabilize the mill so as I could reposition the head to the lifting position. Thankfully the mill didn't suffer any damage. I'm really looking forward to making some chips with it.

Where did you buy it?
It showed up on my e-mail from Amazon.
It is much cushier than a similar one I got on sale about 2 years ago from MSC and I have been on the lookout for another since but they never came back up on sale there.

Last edited:
I finally got a Bridgeport style Turret Mill on friday. The Mill is a Hafco BM-20E it's a 2006 model 3 phase with a 2hp motor. It came with a 6" vice, Er32 Collets and Chuck, 3" Face Mill and a Bham Boring & Facing Head. Looking at the manual for the machine it seems that Bridgeport parts will interchange as the part numbers in the manual are Bridgeport. I didn't get any tooling for the boring head so I'll have to make some attachments and buy some boring bars for it. I just ordered four 6000kgView attachment 360984View attachment 360985View attachment 360986View attachment 360987 machine skates this morning so I can move it into position. The dirty picture of the mill is at the place where I bought it and the other is hanging from my forklift outside my work. The forklift pic may look deceiving with the sling being slack, but if you look closer there is a chain through the lifting ring on the mill. The pallet had partly collapsed on the truck so we used the chain through the ring to stabilize the mill so as I could reposition the head to the lifting position. Thankfully the mill didn't suffer any damage. I'm really looking forward to making some chips with it.
That lifting point where the ring is, is NOT designed to lift the entire machine.
This doesnt mean you can't get "lucky" once in a while BUT using that lifting point for the entire machine is like rolling dice in Vegas....

Back