What Did You Buy Today?

More goodies from the junkyard yesterday I got a taper attachment off a Monarch lathe that I though might fit on my series 60 but after I got it home it doesn’t look like it unfortunately and I got a carriage stop that also doesn’t fit because my lathe is a CY and it hits the rod 7E30EACE-EBCD-43A4-B055-9CD9CCC55FC9.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 25
Heres the Kennedy i got for 125$. Slides need a little wd-40 spray and a good cleaning will set her up nicely
That’s what I need to fine is some Kennedy boxes to put some of my tools in instead of Piling them up on shelves

A wilton bullet vise showed up on FB marketplace yesterday and I went and bought it today. Not a bargain but not a rippoff. Yes, I know there are better vises for the money, but these are just so iconic and I always wanted one. I like how the seller didn't paint it over - it's got the patina of him using it for 10 years and his pops using for who knows how long before that. I took it apart when I got it home and I'll clean it up a bit and lube it, but then it'll go right into service. Check another thing off my bucket list....

228041737_10223181491118648_4239444547572719972_n.jpg

Looks like a real gem! How big are the jaws? Looks like 3 or 4 inches.

Looks like a real gem! How big are the jaws? Looks like 3 or 4 inches.

3.5" jaws. A little bigger would have been nicer, but this is damn close to the sweet spot for what I'll use it for.

You can't help but like those bullet vises, just look at it! It screams quality.

Back