What Did You Buy Today?

Had access to the commercial thomas betts crimper but while looking for terminals we saw a hydrolic one on Amazon for 60 bucks and decided to look.
The thomas betts units are 1500 or more bucks, can borrow from work but would rather own something.
Many options on Amazon so we finally found one, 11 dies and 15 ton force in decent case for 55 bucks.
It even comes with a set of replacement seals.
Instructions are funny read, but only 55 bucks.
The dies look easy to make, others had pins sticking out the side, then are just blocks so we can make custom dies for who knows what.

If you've used it and are happy with it could you post (or PM) a link to the one you got?
I would like to have one that I could make dies for.
I'm thinking not only electrical crimps, but aircraft cable sleeves, etc. (Don't worry; not for life threatening applications.)
Thanks!
-brino

If you've used it and are happy with it could you post (or PM) a link to the one you got?
I would like to have one that I could make dies for.
I'm thinking not only electrical crimps, but aircraft cable sleeves, etc. (Don't worry; not for life threatening applications.)
Thanks!
-brino
I bought this one a year ago (was $105) to swage some fittings to 3/16" stainless-steel cable for a fence I was building. It worked well, and I've used it for other cable fittings too. I forget why I chose that one but I think it came with a larger variety of dies than some others. This was my application:
ballFenceTermination.jpeg

Didn't buy these, got them free from a friend of my wife's, who's cleaning out stuff he's had sitting around for years from his fathers estate I believe. Starrett radius gauges, Mitu 1" gauge block, caliper scribe attachments, Starrett protractor, and a few US made 6" rules, and an easy out
. All appear to have never been used, with the exception of one of the rules. Mike

IMG_20211119_090727930.jpgIMG_20211119_090737374.jpgIMG_20211119_090752534.jpg

Vevor rotary table

Been looking for years, wanted one since we made the Atmos bellow tool but just never found one...in budget.

Local store has had an 8 inch one for $500.00 is, China so pass.

They also had a unit similar to this one with all the change gears for less than I spent here but no chuck and way too tall when face up.

Discovered aliexpress some time back and have got a few things for good price.

Many options on these, many are maybe 250 but then same for shipping.

Found the VEVOR store, first found just the table but then found the tilting index unit with 3 jaw chuck, some index wheels and a tail stock for 395.00 shipped free.

Only negative is it is 40 to 1 instead of 90 to 1 but then for the few times I will use it o turn the handle less...

First project is an adaptor plate to attach a column to a wheel hub for BBQ via a flat plate on the axle studs.

Have not got it out of the box yet, really heavy and other important projects higher priority.
5060fe23d7f1e0dbd839be4d3fa9cee9.jpg
70defeb36b41e4cbb17b80c3c3cb20f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

You are quite brave ordering from the vevor store. Web site has been up for a while, but ownership in not at all clear. Reviews that a site were not impressive. Hope the rotary table works out well for you.

What a great day to find a free band saw.

I bought a 80 mm vise for use on my lathe's mill attachment ( until I gain enough of cash for a proper mill ), some parallels and a nice set of thread wires plus 2 free things : a carbide end mill and a band saw I found on street with missing wheel tires ( looking for quality urethane tires in Canada )

The vise got a small defect but it is easy to fix, it should be useful for my emco compact 8.

6.jpg

Original Pee Dee Thread Wires ( Made in USA ), I'll gonna 3D print wire holders for my mic
2.jpg

Replacement bearings with a newly machined pulley for my lathe
3.jpg
4.jpg5.jpg

Free carbide end mill with alu bits
1.jpg

Free band saw with missing wheel tires
7.jpg

Last edited:
Picked it up yesterday after a month wait for it to be delivered to my local store from the vendor.
Now all I gotta do is make a place for it and get it unloaded!

At least I have a super nice day to do that!!

Attachments

• DSCN8867.JPG
    DSCN8867.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Picked it up yesterday after a mpnth wait fo0r it to be delivered to my local store from the vendor.
Now all I gotta do is make a place for u=it and get it unloaded!

At least I have a super nice day to do that!!
Look, I hate to burst your bubble, but that has a defective paint job, it's go orange peel. But don't worry, I'll take it off your hands, just report it to them and I am sure they'll send you a new one and let you keep the old one (which I'll take). :p

enjoy your new compressor.

those posts make me sad and happy at the same time
Im happy that you guys buy this stuff and all I bought today was chips and beer :D
Sounds like you need to get shopping. LOL!

Back