What Did You Buy Today?

Not sure, this might be even a better deal than the free engine hoist in the dumpster. I picked up a small 26 gallon, 12 CFM air compressor for $60 --

Got it home bolted the motor/pumps back onto the tank and gave it a test drive..... Well one of the motors has a bad bearing. Disassembled the motor today and order new set of bearings $20. Had to buy a new plug end and regulator. All in $100 for a quiet air compressor. Even got an extra motor, which also needed a new bearing as well - will repair for a spare or some other use.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 5.12.25 PM (2).pngIMG_3298.jpeg

I bought this Kurt vise at the same auction that I purchased the gage pins and blocks. It looked awesome, but when I got it home and moved the jaw, it turns out there is some pitting underneath. It does not seem to affect the operation of the vise at all, but it kinda sucks that it is there.
Considering that I paid an all-up price of $225 for it, I believe it was still a good deal.

View attachment 417168View attachment 417169View attachment 417170
Pretty sure I have a rebuild kit for that which you can have for the price of postage

Despite carefully labeling and marking all my electrical connections when taking the lathe apart, it seems my speed control is not working right. So I’m faced with pulling it all apart again and chasing down every connection.

Ugh.

Gutted by the thought of that, I went back to the eagle 66 oiler. Tapped out the worst of the body dents and started polishing:

3A47C426-3144-43D1-A17F-8317EE373F45.jpeg

Not perfect, but not bad. Polishing to be continued….

Despite carefully labeling and marking all my electrical connections when taking the lathe apart, it seems my speed control is not working right. So I’m faced with pulling it all apart again and chasing down every connection.

Ugh.

Gutted by the thought of that, I went back to the eagle 66 oiler. Tapped out the worst of the body dents and started polishing:

View attachment 417265

Not perfect, but not bad. Polishing to be continued….
I am amazed at the before and after photos of the oilers you have restored… impressive!!!

Back