What do I have here? 2 old lathes and parts...

jung4g

Registered
Registered
I inherited a bunch of machinist tools and parts about a year ago and I'm still not done going through everything, but I pulled out these mini lathes a while back and thought they were pretty cool and set them aside to look at in more detail and see if there is anything worth something here. I did that tonight and took a few pictures...

IMG_4537.jpgIMG_4536.JPGIMG_4535.JPGIMG_4534.JPGIMG_4533.jpgIMG_4532.jpgIMG_4531.jpgIMG_4530.jpgIMG_4529.jpgIMG_4528.jpgIMG_4527.jpgIMG_4526.jpgIMG_4525.JPGIMG_4524.JPGIMG_4523.JPGIMG_4522.JPGIMG_4521.JPGIMG_4520.JPGIMG_4519.JPGIMG_4518.JPGIMG_4517.JPGIMG_4516.JPGIMG_4515.JPGIMG_4514.JPGIMG_4513.JPGIMG_4512.JPG

While some of this looks cool, I rarely have time to work with my 12x36 lathe and don't have any desire to hold onto tools I won't use when I can sell them to buy tools I need. But that said, beside having 2 jewelers lathes, some collets, a cross slide, and some cool 3 jaw chucks.

Anything jump out in this? Want closer pictures of any of this to identify things?

I am a bit curious what this is...
IMG_4520.JPGIMG_4519.JPG

It's a watchmakers lathe with a good bunch of accessories

I can identify it, It’s mine! Please send it to:
Yeh, I can tell I’ll have to wait a long time for the shipping, but I sure could use one.

Ha! One of them may become yours for the right price...

Looks like the the first is a Peerless with a cool 3 jaw self centering chuck and a tool rest.

The other appears to be an old Stark, again with an adjustable chuck, a jewel setting rest, a tool rest, cross slide, and another tailstock. The same one is pictured here: http://www.lathes.co.uk/stark-watchmaker/

My goal is to get these separated into two collections and maybe separate parts (like the 3rd chuck) and then to sell this to pay for more tooling for my big lathe and mill..

OK, got things separated out a bit this morning.

This one is a J. Stark, I can't tell the original model number, but Tony's site says a No 3 Watch Lathe.
I've got a face plate headstock - spins great and even the spring for the center point works fine.
The second headstock has a neat little drawbar setup and several collets
I have the the swing and fixed tailstocks, a tool rest, and a cool little cross slide complete with gibs.

The ways seem to be in pretty decent shape, though everything shows age.
IMG_4572.jpgIMG_4574.jpg IMG_4561.jpgIMG_4568.jpg

The second is a bit simpler, a Peerless lathe with a tool rest, Two 3 jaw self centering chucks and a few collets.
IMG_4565.jpgIMG_4567.jpg

Back