[Lathe] What Do You All Consider"vintage?"

Vintage is pre 1930 by definition.

"Billy G"

Is this "Definition" standardized by some industry organization, or is it defined by this website? To me a "vintage" machine would be any machine no longer commonly used in a commercial production, prototype, or repair shop. This would include any shaper or power hacksaw regardless of the year of manufacture. It would also include types and models of machines no longer in production.

Is this "Definition" standardized by some industry organization, or is it defined by this website? To me a "vintage" machine would be any machine no longer commonly used in a commercial production, prototype, or repair shop. This would include any shaper or power hacksaw regardless of the year of manufacture. It would also include types and models of machines no longer in production.
Pre-1930 cars are said to be "vintage". I believe that there also is a rule for watches. Other than that the word has no definite meaning outside the wine trade.

I have written a paper on the 1935 Craftsman/Walker-Turner drill press. I would have thought it was "vintage" but after reading this thread I'm not sure. I don't want to get off on the wrong foot. Where should I post it?

Back