What Do You Use To Draw/design Projects?

I drive parametric CAD (self taught) as a hobbyist and I'm learning to fly a light aircraft.
CAD is the easy one, and I'm a pretty natural pilot according to my instructor.
Penalty for failure in software is zero. Don't be afraid of making mistakes! The undo button has godlike power. Steep learning curve at the very start, but there's no black magic to the basics and there's an incredible amount of excellent free tuition online.
In the aircraft you're training carefully not to make mistakes with the penalty for doing so being huge. In software, I'd highly encourage you make as many as possible while learning :)
I agree 1,000% on the safety and undo issues. Also Parametric CAD is different from a GUI design application as in a parametric program you just setup parameters and you don't really draw/paint/modify on the screen as you will do Solidworks and Illustrator like programs.

What I was referring to is the use of the mouse and KB to actually operate Solidworks and make it behaves as you want it to in real time, it is a learned muscle memory, it is kind of a delicate dance. In my mind it is a bit analogous to a stick and rudder work on landing with strong crosswind... You don't have time to think, you have to act intuitively with what you learned and practiced hundreds of times.

You are right, I got mixed up.

In comparison flying a GA airplane looks easy... do you agree?

Ariel

When I learned to fly, the private pilot was the easy one. The instrument rating was the hard one. Then years later I looked back on it and had to ask myself what was so hard.
I feel that CAD is very hard though. The reason it is so hard for me is there does not seem to be a really good step by step process from beginning to end. Maybe because the end is never defined. My wife says I am a checklist type of guy. Give me a process with path to completion and I am good. Learning CAD there does not seem to be a path, so it is a matter of watching this video or tutorial and then finding another video for the next problem. Fusion is very good with community help. Solidworks not so much.
This is what I finished my career in....

Attachments

• Hawker-800XP_Mid+Jet_ECockpit_Legacy_Aviation_Private_Jet_NetJets_Jet_Charter_TEB_VNY_MIA_PBI_...jpg
    Hawker-800XP_Mid+Jet_ECockpit_Legacy_Aviation_Private_Jet_NetJets_Jet_Charter_TEB_VNY_MIA_PBI_...jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 6
Back