What Do You Use To Draw/design Projects?

I run an iMac and since I don't do really fancy drawing, I use eazydraw. For 2D work it is GREAT. Easy to use and came with a book to help you learn all the things it can do. It is very easy to use and the author is readily available if you can't find an answer in the book. Also imports and exports to common formats.
If you are looking for an easy to use but good enough for most purposes drawing program for PC, I would suggest the old ClarisDraw program. I used that on my Mac till they "improved" the system so it wouldn't run old programs anymore. Does not import or export, so what you draw is what you use.

I run an iMac and since I don't do really fancy drawing, I use eazydraw. For 2D work it is GREAT. Easy to use and came with a book to help you learn all the things it can do. It is very easy to use and the author is readily available if you can't find an answer in the book. Also imports and exports to common formats.
If you are looking for an easy to use but good enough for most purposes drawing program for PC, I would suggest the old ClarisDraw program. I used that on my Mac till they "improved" the system so it wouldn't run old programs anymore. Does not import or export, so what you draw is what you use.

I cut my teeth with Claris Cad on a Mac IIC back in the '90's. It was user friendly and compatible with then current programs in the art field (indoor/outdoor signs in my case). I switched over to Auto Cad for machine design for it's handy data & expanded capability

I am learning to use Mastercam X9. It can do about anything you need to do with drawing and programing. The drawback......$2,500 to purchase the 2 axis lathe version.

Nick

I downloaded the free version of Fusion 360-----------------and I can actually figure out how to make some (really) simple drawings. I think that I'm going to like it.
Took me a while to figure out how to print my images on my printer though---pretty computer challenged.

Regardless of what drawing program you might use I've always been in favor of "draw what you're going to build, then build what you drew". Getting your project on paper and then looking it over with a cup of coffee can frequently save time, money or foolish feelings!

Up to now, I have been using a combination of graph paper/pencil and SketchUp, but after reading this thread, I'm going to download a copy of Fusion 360 and experiment with that on an iMac. Still building out my shop and installing equipment, so something better than SketchUp would be nice.

Back