What does the seller mean: I had the ways epoxy coated

Thats interesting, ive never heard of it but would be interested to hear others oppinion.

did they say if its a spray coat to generaly increase the size or some holes/scraches/burrs have been filled with it?

Stuart

Seeing this Bridgeport Series I variable speed mill locally on CL:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/3929188498.html

Seller Says: This is an older mill and the bed and ways do have wear, however I did have the ways epoxy coated so they are tight.

Good idea? Bad Idea? What does it even mean?

Thanks

jim

There is a product called Moglice that is an Epoxy that dries hard and is similar to Turcite / Rulon 142 that is Epoxied on too. Seems a bit odd he would not say Moglice or Rulon....I would be a bit suspicious that he didn't know the brand name. One can't just put on the product with out grinding or scraping the other side it rides on. You might want to call the guy and ask some questions. It looks like it was brush painted and its the older style castings because there is a door and the base has a sump. Thats a plus over the new Textron models. The head is VS and he has installed a vernier scale on down feed. Might be innocent and a super good deal.. Rich

You should check it out, the thumb is an interesting place to visit. ;)

Tom

There seriously are NO attractions in Michigan's thumb. It's just a large, flat, featureless area that takes forever to drive through...kind of like Ohio. :leaving:

Tom

There seriously are NO attractions in Michigan's thumb. It's just a large, flat, featureless area that takes forever to drive through...kind of like Ohio. :leaving:

Tom

True! I've done both.

Seeing this Bridgeport Series I variable speed mill locally on CL:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/3929188498.html

Seller Says: This is an older mill and the bed and ways do have wear, however I did have the ways epoxy coated so they are tight.

Good idea? Bad Idea? What does it even mean?

Thanks

jim

Jim

I am not sure. Could be he used a JB weld type epoxy then had the ways scrape down. He did write it is a hobby machine. Depends on what you want to do with it.

I have been looking at and thinking about Bridgeport mills for some time and thought this one looked well priced if the 'repairs' are satisfactory. Thanks

Back