What Else Do I Need To Do???

wvnitroman

Registered
Registered
Got my 1236T and my 835S set, leveled up, and about cleaned up. I there anything I need to check or double check that is not in the manual?

Thanks,
Kevin

Go through the motions with no tools and make sure you dont crash any tools into parts.
I am also new, totally new. I am doing lots of practice turning the wheels and checking the exact motion and how far it gets me.
If you have power feed and such try it out 1st with no cutting action, get used to how fast it moves and what direction.
I also double checked the measurements on my dials compared with a dial indicator on my cross slide and carriage.
Best of luck!!

Put it in high gear engage your feed gears not your screws. Now no power connected rotate your spindle (chuck) by hand. All parts rotate. Let her fly! Jez just reread and thought just in case when I say let her fly I Don t mean in high gear. Break it in properly! Had to edit that one!

PVC pipe is a good material to practice on ... especially on threading setups. Cheap, easy to cut, forgiving if you jam a tool in too deeply, easy to clean up the swarf.

Back