What Hand Cleaner?

Fast Oange with pumice followed by dawn blue if it still looks like they are not clean. My wife was nice when we remodeled a few years ago and put hot water in my shop, I think she was tired of greasy towels.

Zip hand cleaners are by far the best in my opinion. Close second is the Snap On cleaner with walnut shells. Neither of these cleaners clog drains like GoJo tends to load of drains with scum and clog them.
For what it’s worth, I recently found this on eBay and Amazon and I’d bet it’s about equal to the. Snap On cleaners. Probably what the Snap On is except snappy relabeled it. Stockhausen Kresto http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...t=&hvlocphy=9025153&hvtargid=kwd-303005780118

I never use gloves on cars and my machines. I use the Lava / Boraxo when really bad. I like the HF orange GOOP. For my machine shop with no water and 2 doors to the sink, I keep these Dymon wipes available. Work great, don't tear, and if you let them dry you can clean up spilled mess with them next day. Final clan at the sink with Dawn.

https://www.amazon.com/Dymon-ITW422...8&qid=1541181131&sr=8-4&keywords=scrubs+wipes

We had a local product here called "Sans-Soil" (without soil) in the 70s, great stuff. Brown and pasty, with pumice and lanolin and probably other things. Best I have ever used; I am still nursing the pail of it I bought way back when. Wish they (a company called "Plantsmith") still made it...
mark

Last edited:
We've got Wurth in our shop. Cleans quite nice but doesn't rip your hands to shreds like some of the citrus stuff.

The best I have ever used is the blue stuff made by First Ayd. It has pumice and you have to rinse with water, but it will clean grime that the others don't cut. It will dry out your skin if you use it frequently though.

The best I have ever used is the blue stuff made by First Ayd. It has pumice and you have to rinse with water, but it will clean grime that the others don't cut. It will dry out your skin if you use it frequently though.
That's what Bag Balm is for.

I use Gojo Cherry Gel... Use it dry to get most of the stuff off your hands then rinse. I dont find it does near the same with wet hands. Stuff works great

If Im in the shop and using a degreaser (cleaning up my new lathe), I'll just spray some degreaser in my hands, use it like a soap, then wipe them with a paper towel. These degreasers are powerful.

We're suppose to wash our hands? Well whataya know- that explains it.

I make a gallon jug by using 3% laundry detergent and .5% dish detergent in water. Lasts about a year.

Back