What Hand Cleaner?

HBilly1022

Registered
Registered
What hand cleaner do you use? I'm using GOJO Natural Orange but find it doesn't do a very good job (at least not using cold water, which is all I have in the shop). I have to wash my hands with soap after using the GOJO in order to get them clean. I end up washing my hands quite often during the day because they get so dirty from handling the raw materials, using the machines and cleaning up.

Recently after many years of not using Goop I am now using it again. I have to tell you that the government has not been kind to this industry, as this product isn't as good as I use to remember. It does loosen the grim but, in order to fully clean yourself off you have to use soap and water to remove the product from your hands, twice. It works but, not as well as I remember before the ingredient change. There is still nothing like good soap, warm water, and a nail brush to clean your hands thoroughly. I am allergic to anything with fragrance in it and have to be careful of the products I use. I can not use the orange GoJo (fragrance), I will be itching for weeks.

I really like Permatex's hand cleaner. You can get it on Amazon and at least my local
Tractor Supply carries it. One thing I like about it over one of the GoJo orange cleaners
I've tried is that there is no grit in it. I've never been crazy about washing that grit down
the drain...

On my service truck where I normally don't have water, I like Joe's handcleaner with no pumice. At home, with running water, I like stuff with pumice. And a nail brush is a must. Hydraulic oil works wonders to get the grit out of the creases in the skin, but then you have to wash the hydraulic oil off, but that's not much of an issue.

Dawn dish soap... but only need a quick wash up after taking my blue nitrile gloves off.
I swear it seems like a box of gloves costs less than hand cleaner and it is much easier to clean up the sink after.

Last edited:
Back