What is 2-3 Morse Taper?

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Like the title says, what is 2-3 MT & on what kind of machine are they found on? Machinery's Handbook does not list it.

I already got me a bull nose center that I needed but in my searches I came across Riten 91034. it's listed as 2-3 MT. I've heard of 4.5 MT but this one is not listed as such. In the photo you can see a short morse taper.

http://workholding.riten.com/item/n...oint-live-center-and-replacement-points/91034

s-l1600.jpg

2/3 ds length? or 2 -3 long?
but this is coming from someone who also isn't in the know, but it does look sort of short.

No idea, 2/3 length would make sense but everywhere I look lists the size as 2-3 MT, MT2-MT3, or MT2 & MT3.

It is just saying it is available in either a #2 or a #3 MT. Kind of a goofy way of showing it on their website.

Will,

I believe what you are looking at is a replaceable point to one of those live centers that have the various styles of interchangeable point. The dimensions given do not match up to a MT. The taper is a 1:10. I believe what it is saying is this point is usable on either live center with a No. 2 or 3 shank.

Ken

Will,

I believe what you are looking at is a replaceable point to one of those live centers that have the various styles of interchangeable point. The dimensions given do not match up to a MT. The taper is a 1:10. I believe what it is saying is this point is usable on either live center with a No. 2 or 3 shank.

Ken

Ken, I see now. I missed the part where it said "replacement point" on Riten's website. Makes perfect sense now. Thanks!

Back