• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• I apologize to anyone who is disappointed with their experience on The Hobby-Machinist.

Anyone who made a donation within the last year who would like a refund, please PM me and I will refund your money.

Again, my apologies.

Nelson

[4]

What is it?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

DiscoDan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
This came in a bucket of stuff with my Craftsman lathe. What the heck is it? Does it even belong to a lathe? It is 4.5" high, not including the 1" base.

20180727_224445.jpg

GunsOfNavarone

As I am a complete noob to lathes, I'm answering for fun factor only. I see a large/General horizontal and vertical adjust slot, then the fine tune knob which I am guessing is vertical. I'm going with some adjustment for bed twist. You done see and open threaded hole around bed base?

TomS

Active User
This came in a bucket of stuff with my Craftsman lathe. What the heck is it? Does it even belong to a lathe? It is 4.5" high, not including the 1" base.

View attachment 272792
It's hard to tell from your picture but I can faintly see what looks to be a diamond in the tip of the threaded rod. That being said it could be a wheel dressing attachment. For what I don't know.

benmychree

John York
That is a diamond dresser stand for a old Sioux valve grinding machine. I have one modeled after it.

GunsOfNavarone

Wow! That was short lived. I assumed this would go for a good 25 replies!

DiscoDan

Damn, looked it up on ebay and people are asking $120 to $135 for them. Don't know if they get that but I would be happy for less.

benmychree

John York
I just looked at the pictures on E Bay and made my own, not rocket science!

My old Black&Decker valve grinder has a different set up . I should sell it , don't see to many of them anymore. No body rebuilds motors like they used too.

[6]
[5] [7]