What is it?

DiscoDan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This came in a bucket of stuff with my Craftsman lathe. What the heck is it? Does it even belong to a lathe? It is 4.5" high, not including the 1" base.

20180727_224445.jpg

As I am a complete noob to lathes, I'm answering for fun factor only. I see a large/General horizontal and vertical adjust slot, then the fine tune knob which I am guessing is vertical. I'm going with some adjustment for bed twist. You done see and open threaded hole around bed base?

This came in a bucket of stuff with my Craftsman lathe. What the heck is it? Does it even belong to a lathe? It is 4.5" high, not including the 1" base.

View attachment 272792

It's hard to tell from your picture but I can faintly see what looks to be a diamond in the tip of the threaded rod. That being said it could be a wheel dressing attachment. For what I don't know.

Damn, looked it up on ebay and people are asking $120 to $135 for them. Don't know if they get that but I would be happy for less.

My old Black&Decker valve grinder has a different set up . I should sell it , don't see to many of them anymore. No body rebuilds motors like they used too.

Back