What Is Participant Name

Swerdk

Registered
Registered
the forum is asking for participant name to start a thread??? Where do i find it

That's a new one. I have no idea. In what forum were you trying to post when this happened?

I went under inbox, conversations, start a new conversation. It asks for a participant? It does not like me and shows error anytime I place Swerdk in it. I'm glad I started a new conversation but I have no idea how I did it can somebody please tell me the proper way to start a new conversation? I'm sorry to seem so simple but I'm having the darndest time figuring it out.

Just a guess, but isn't a conversation with an individual (member)? This is a thread, not a conversation.

Was it asking with whom you wanted to converse?

Well, unless you want to talk to yourself then a conversation would require at least one other party. :)

A ''Conversation'' in this context is a message sent to another member or group of members that is not publicly posted. A conversation is normally started by clicking on a members name, then click Start Conversation.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
The person you wish to converse with will automatically show up as the participant.
#1 click on the members name you wish to converse with.
#2 A box will show up for that person.
#3 Click start a conversation.
#4 A new window opens. The person you wish to converse with will show up in the participants line.
#5 Put a title in the second box.
#6 Conversation goes in the third box.
#7 Send it and wait for a response.

"Billy G"

That solves the problem of not wanting to talk to my self but if i just want to post a question for ALL to answer how do i do that?
I know how to add to a conversation and now i know how to talk specifically to a member but still baffled on posting a general question.
BTW 3 weeks till i get my first lathe pm 1236. Can you sense the excitment

Click the "Forums" tab at the top of the page.
It will display general topics by category.
Pick a category your question is relevant to. Click it.
Look on the right side at the top of the list for "Post new Thread."
Click that and think of a title and post your comment.
Click "create thread" and you've started a thread.

Back