• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

We've seen a lot of changes. In March, 4 moderators left to start their own site. They took some of you with them. So now you have split loyalties. You know who you are. They didn't like my way of managing this place, and thought they could do better without me. They didn't. The only thing holding them together is that they hate me. Their site was down until mid July. That is why I wanted to stay involved on here until they could learn to run this place. But they wanted me to leave right away, without the training part.

Anyway, I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I don't want to know about this place.

What about the 4 moderators who were disloyal? I don't care. It isn't my call anymore. I would think that, rather than fumble, they ought to come back and do good work. That's up to them. If they want to return to try to lead more members to their site, I am done caring. I suffered too much aggravation worrying about it. I don't plan to spend any more. What they do impacts on them. I have my own opinions including those of you who followed them there. No longer my problem.

I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

What is this drill for, concrete or steel?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

GoceKU

Registered
Registered
Today i bought couple of drill bits and reamers in the same pail there was this, at the end there's MT2 to MT3 reducer sleeve because of which i bought it, it is obviously drill and holder of some kind but i don't know is it for steel or concrete, it has holes for coolant and cutting edges have carbide braze on. Has someone come across this type or know what is used for?
DSC_0277.JPG DSC_0280.JPG

4ssss

Registered
Registered
Looks to me to be for dirt. It may be the top of an auger.

FLguy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Boring holes in tombstones for the bronze cup to hold flowers is my guess.

Eddyde

Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
It looks like it has holes for coolant or water. Maybe a rock drill?

GoceKU

Registered
Registered
I'm also thinking rock drill, bit seams little weak for rock also the holder is very short.

FLguy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Check what the guys use to make cemetery tombstones.

T Bredehoft

Active User
Do I see a gap between the two shoulders? Could this be a hole for a pilot drill? In other words is this a counterbore to seat the head of a bolt?

Edit, fix typo

GoceKU

Registered
Registered
I finally was able to identify this drill bit, is call : PDC anchor shank drill bit, is used many by demolition companies for drilling holes for setting explosive charges, not sure what i'll do with it but is good to know is not for steel.

ch2co

Grumpy Old Man
Now all you need are the explosives

[6]
[5] [7]