What is this JET JTM-2 Mill worth?

Hozzie

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a Precision Mathews 932-M mill, but a local guy has this Jet Knee mill available. I have done a little bit of research, but would like to hear some opinions on this mill from someone with some experience with it.

I am confident it is in proper working order. I has Power X and Power Downfeed, and the DRO of course. I am thinking it would be a step up from my PM mill, but not sure what it is worth.

Thoughts? Info.

Thanks,
Jamie

i-FGWBFBb.jpg

I gave $700 at a VERY good auction for mine, put an bunch of hours into tearing down and repairing a few parts. No accessories came with it.

Thanks. That sounds like a very good deal. I don't think he will be anywhere close to that on this one. I don't think this one needs anything done to it outside of oil it good before starting.

I'd guess they will want as much as they can get. But reasonable price and selling price are different. How much are used mills in your area? Do you have a set limit in mind ? If I were looking and had 2 or 3 grand I'd try offering low but be willing to get up to $2,5 - $2,750 area. But I don't know the whole thing may be worth 5 or more . Craigslist the high price ones don't sell.

yeah, I'd say $2.5-3k. Extra tooling would push that towards the higher end. Tennessee isn't too bad for machine tools but it isn't like the north east. It would be a step up from a 932 bench mill, but not as big as going from a minimill to the 932.

Thanks, those prices are more in line with what I was expecting. I have all of the tooling I need so that doesn’t bother me. How does this mill compare to a Bridgeport quality wise. I believe this is made in Taiwan. The money isn’t so much an issue, but I do always look at value.

I paid $4500 fees and taxes included on an online auction for my JTM-2. It came with 2 vises (one Kurt never used), rotary table, collets, large cabinet, and a few more things. Power feed on X, no DRO. Mill had very little use. Likely less than 50 hours. Hope that helps.

Back