What is this part from the PM 835

chiroone

Registered
Registered
While I was setting up a PM 835 yesterday, I noticed this part drop down, I think it came from the quill when I was rotating the head to the vertical position. I asked Matt, and he tells me that it is included in all Mills and he has no idea what it’s for. Anyone here have any thoughts?

600AAD0C-EDD2-4DD4-9A6E-43FC393ADEB4.jpeg

Depth stop rod on the side of the head, see red arrow. Should be like a half moon semi circle with a flat.
pm835 rod.jpg

Depth stop rod on the side of the head, see red arrow. Should be like a half moon semi circle with a flat.

That looks like a good guess. I never have figured out how those things work.

OK, another dumb question what is that structure molded in the back of the mill used for? It looks like a large rod should fit into it. But it is very roughly casted and it appears that they used a lot of Bondo it to try to shape what was probably a very rough cast part

For the back of the casting bridgeport mills have a brouch attachment so you can cut keyways
The little rod is supposed to hold a indicator but i have never had much luck with them it would be nice to do keyways but just using a brouch with a press is easier

Back