What is this tool

John_Dennis

Active User
Registered
IMG_0297.JPG
This tool has what looks like a cutting wheel that seems to be hardened and a rubber roller. The fence slides in and out and has a ruler in marked in CM. The lower screw increases pressure. I have 2 of these, this is the larger one. No MFG markings. If the cutting wheel is hard enough, it might be some kind of glass cutter.

Glass cutter is what I was going to suggest. Never seen anything quite like it.

A clever idea. But,I hope that the fairly rigid way the cutter is held does not hit a thick spot on the glass and shatter it. Is the rubber roller fairly soft ?

I wonder if that would be for cutting gauge glass. Basically a glass tube installed to verify fluid level. Used this a lot on boilers to verify water level. The od of the round rubber piece would go in the id of the glass possibly. Ive cut gauge glass in the past with other odd looking cutters but it didnt look like that. Just my guess?

Gauge glasses can be scored with a three corner file and broken, works every time.

It looks like a tool for cutting leather to width as for belts. I have something similar somewhere in my barn but with a hand crank for feeding the leather through.

you learn something new every day the problem is , what to do with it.

Back