What is this type of bolt called?

These are nice but for light duty applications only . I replace these every night as the aluminum insides strips out easily . We have a bunch of gorillas tightening these things . :grin: They are used on friction locks for stops .
There are Chinese versions of these that are made with a hex shank as opposed to the spline they normally have. Probably too make them cheaper but the side effect is that they are stronger. They can only clock into six positions but I find that enough. I bought these a long time ago but I think it was on aliexpress.
e8230635cd1ca89f3187ed893c0d6557.jpg
2f4af2053160918b1e1f745183b82d1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the responses. I actually use the adjustable (indexable) handles for the custom tools i make. I have problems with the durability of them. The simplicity of the other bolt is what is making me try to find them. I wear out the splines on the indexables

I found these and may try them. They’re sold as an anchor bolt

Attachments

• 636DC93C-A1FE-4C3E-BAAB-4A4AA3EAA9CA.jpeg
    636DC93C-A1FE-4C3E-BAAB-4A4AA3EAA9CA.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 3
There are Chinese versions of these that are made with a hex shank as opposed to the spline they normally have. Probably too make them cheaper but the side effect is that they are stronger. They can only clock into six positions but I find that enough. I bought these a long time ago but I think it was on aliexpress.
e8230635cd1ca89f3187ed893c0d6557.jpg
2f4af2053160918b1e1f745183b82d1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Please let me know where you got these. I may have a use for the hex guts instead of the spline type

The key is to get them all made from metal and then they last.. the ones that are metal with a plastic handle are carp…

The key is to get them all made from metal and then they last.. the ones that are metal with a plastic handle are carp…
I agree. The smaller diameter stuff usually only comes in plastic or cast aluminum. Granted, i’m not going to apply the torque that my tools require in this instance. Woodcraft has them for just over 6 bucks

Back