What is this?

tmenyc

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
It's labeled Wilson Manufacturing, 9310-S, OD 5/8. Everywhere I search comes up with a gun-related website that my connectivity security won't let me go to. So, I ask here!

Attachments

• 20220519_112115.jpg
    20220519_112115.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 66
Looks like a sueging (sp) die for sizing . Possibly casings ?

Looks to me like a tool to swedge copper tube for preparation for soldering to join two pieces together, the end would be hammered on, driving the tapered part in and expanding to ID to accept the OD size, I have a number of them, (not made by Wilson) from when I did some refrigeration work.

Hard to tell without any scale, but a couple of caveats.
1. Wilson Manufacturing is not Wilson Combat. Wilson Combat is the company that specializes in gun stuff and offends certain web police (not mine). Wilson Manufacturing is one of a number of companies big and small with that name.

2. 9310 is a grade of steel that, by amusing coincidence, none other than Wilson Combat touts for the manufacture of their Bolt Carrier Groups. So search engines tend to trip up on it.

One rather conspicuous Wilson Manufacturing seems to specialize in binding and printing tooling so this might be a bending radius or even a punch used in forming paper products. But that's total SWAG.

Provincial, yes I was there too but the product number didn't return a search result.
Benny -- could be, and makes some sense because this sucker is heavy; weighs a half pound in 4.25".
Wrat -- that is actually quite funny, and shows how much I don't know ...
Tim

I thought the Wilson who make/used to make the Wilson Rockwell hardness testing machines also made the precision in line reloading dies?

Back