What job did you do today in your shop?

My wife runs a family daycare out of our home. She was having some potential clients come over this morning, so Jack and I had to be quiet. We cleaned the lathe & mill. The machines have not been cleaned in a long while.

View attachment 431902

View attachment 431903

View attachment 431901

View attachment 431900

Amongst the mountains of chips, I found this set screw for the 1” end mill holder. I had been looking for it for months.

View attachment 431904
such a tidy shop indeedy

@pdentrem
Nice job on the vise.
You've set it up for additional decades of useful service.
I like the way you secured the moveable jaw to the mill table too.
Very nice.

Used this:

272amQ.jpg

to start making this:

fr_4074.jpg

Exterior weather cover for the Argo. Got tired of having to shovel snow out of the passenger compartment before being able to use it.

Sewing machine is my commercial duty walking foot. Sews through the "sunbrella" fabric like it's a sheet of paper, I've yet to find anthing that will fit under the foot that it won't punch through. Was a well spent 250 bucks, along with a couple months of fixing and sorting it out properly.

Real men sew.

:)

Used this:

View attachment 436361

to start making this:

View attachment 436362

Exterior weather cover for the Argo. Got tired of having to shovel snow out of the passenger compartment before being able to use it.

Sewing machine is my commercial duty walking foot. Sews through the "sunbrella" fabric like it's a sheet of paper, I've yet to find anthing that will fit under the foot that it won't punch through. Was a well spent 250 bucks, along with a couple months of fixing and sorting it out properly.

Real men sew.

:)

I agree that real man sew. I have a male friend that is learning to sew.

You are going to save a lot of money by making that cover yourself!

Is the Singer a 111?
Nope. 331K105.

Walking foot (or to use singers terms for this particular model, vibrating foot), but no needle feed.

Finding one of the 111 model around here is nigh unto impossible. If you do find one, you have to sell your car to buy it…

I agree that real man sew. I have a male friend that is learning to sew.

You are going to save a lot of money by making that cover yourself!
Yep, especially since the Argo isn’t “standard“ anymore.

I’d have to pay a shop to custom make it and that would likely be up in the $750-1000 range…if not more.

It’s almost all labor and thats not cheap these days…

Last edited:
Mine is an early 306K model. I protect my double needles as they are not common anymore.
Pierre

Last edited:
After trying to track down and fix the issues with the dishwasher (not enough rinse) I have ordered a new Whirlpool.

Not much shop fun, but there you go.

Back