What kind Endmill is this?

oskar

Registered
Registered
I found in my shop 6 similar endmills in a box which I bought in 2011 and have no idea what they are for. Total length is 1.75”, 1/8” Shank, 1/8” OD and 2 are 2 flute, 2 single flute and 2 V shape ends.

What the purpose of the orange sleeve at the end of the shank?

If I will use them to trim aluminum what will be the recommended RPM?

DSC08640.JPG

Looks to be a normal 2 flute long end mill. The sleeve may be to dampen vibration, or it may be just a stop to eyeball depth.

I have some of those, I think the sleeve may be for quick ID for size by color

Hi Guys,

I have some like that, all 1/8" shank, drill sizes from 5mm right down to 0.3 mm, and also some burrs, mine are intended to be used in an automatic printed circuit drilling and routing machines.

The colour indicates size and sets the depth in the collet of the machine. Sometimes there is a number engraved on the collar. These are often placed in carousels so the machine can select them as required.

Confirming those collars are used on bits for pcboard routers. Probably not intended for much heavier work. I have quite a few tiny drill bits like that.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

The fine carbide ones go down to 0.1 mm, they are good for burner gas jets, but you need to spin them really fast, around 25 - 35 K rpm.

Hi 38super,

I agree ! Blow a bit hard on those finer ones and they just snap off. The other issue is if you catch your hand or finger, the drill embeds its self in your flesh.

Back