What kind of alcohol is this

You know its strange All my life I've never been too fussed about washing my hands, sure if they're covered in gunk give 'em a wash. while working mostly ate lunch without more than just a wipe with a rag.

Then as a married man with two kids I did most of the cooking, rarely with anything more than a casual wash. Then through life after a divorce had other partners with kids, now my current partner of 22 years I still do most of the cooking.

Also hosted many parties where I prepared most if not all the food. As far as I know no one has ever got sick from my cooking.

Sometimes I think we take this cleanliness a little too far. I think our immune system works a lot better if gets challenged, but you have to start when quite young.

I absolutely(to a point) agree, the kids were getting sicker because we made them wash their hands, don't eat that, don't put that in your mouth. Women went through a stage of not really getting into breast feeding, and the kids were more sickly. With viruses it is a bit different, like pandemic different.

You guys will be happy to know that heavy sulfurated way oil kills the virus...
R

You know its strange All my life I've never been too fussed about washing my hands, sure if they're covered in gunk give 'em a wash. while working mostly ate lunch without more than just a wipe with a rag.

Then as a married man with two kids I did most of the cooking, rarely with anything more than a casual wash. Then through life after a divorce had other partners with kids, now my current partner of 22 years I still do most of the cooking.

Also hosted many parties where I prepared most if not all the food. As far as I know no one has ever got sick from my cooking.

Sometimes I think we take this cleanliness a little too far. I think our immune system works a lot better if gets challenged, but you have to start when quite young.

Yes, we all need a strong immune system and the way for that to happen is through breast feeding children and not being too fussy about keeping them clean.

However, I still remember what it was like when I got chicken pox and measles. As a parent I'm really, really happy there are effective vaccines for them now. When my wife and I got married in Hawaii about a week before we left, our daughter (5 at the time) came down with what we both knew was measles. We took her to the hospital where we were immediately put into isolation and they confirmed it. She had been immunized but we know it's not perfect. Anyway, her case was so mild we were able to fly to Hawaii a week later. I know from my experience that wouldn't have happened for me with the chills and fever/vomiting/etc. that I went through.

Today she's about to graduate university with a bio-medical engineering degree. High fevers can permanently damage your brain so who knows if she would be where she is today without that immunization....

So, of course let your kids play in the dirt and build natural immunity. But lets all hope they come up with a vaccine for this thing soon.

John

Back