What kind of decorative screw head would you use for this shelf

do brass and stainless react?
my valve is stainless, but the T is brass. The brass has a rust color inside, and the valve where it contacted the brass looks like slight rust, but not the rest of the inside of the valve.

This is all stainless . I just loaded it up with the the push/pull quick disconnects so I wouldn't lose them . I use all the regular fittings when in use . :big grin:

This is all stainless . I just loaded it up with the the push/pull quick disconnects so I wouldn't lose them . I use all the regular fittings when in use . :big grin:
what type of SS? I can't imagine drilling 304 that deep. what a bear.

For what it's worth, there is a decorative "belled" washer that would allow using a screw smaller than the mounting hole. The washer would work with both flat head screws and this is where my memory fails me. The screw head looks the same on both sides, tapering as appropriate. Sort of panhead on top and tapered below. They are available in various finishes and driver styles. I tend toward hex head fasteners, but I've seen them in other styles. The washer I use is usually nickle plated, but brass or stainless should be available.

For what it's worth, there is a decorative "belled" washer that would allow using a screw smaller than the mounting hole. The washer would work with both flat head screws and this is where my memory fails me. The screw head looks the same on both sides, tapering as appropriate. Sort of panhead on top and tapered below. They are available in various finishes and driver styles. I tend toward hex head fasteners, but I've seen them in other styles. The washer I use is usually nickle plated, but brass or stainless should be available.

I think you are referring to a finish washer.

I never even thought of that. I have stainless finish washers. I'll check it out see how it looks.

Thanks.

what a disaster this is turning out to be.
after waiting weeks for my new mollies in 10-24 (no one has them) I ordered them from McMaster. well after weeks, they are still on back order.
I no longer see any 10-24 on Amazon, I can't find it anywhere. So I picked up these Cobra Wall Driller plus .. they look like your standard wall screws but larger. Well the first one ruined my wall, the second ruined it in a different spot. I can't get the screws out. They don't tell you they are one use.
I need to get the screw out to finish the job. I put 3 of the 4 in, they are pulling out,they grip the screw with heavy, heavy tension, that they are useless. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

They are a DO NOT BUY in my book.

Back