What Machines Do You Have In Your Home Shop?

What Machines Do You Have In Your Home Shop?

• Metal Cutting Lathe

Votes: 611 93.0%
  • Knee Mill/Bench Mill

Votes: 472 71.8%
  • Surface Grinder

Votes: 109 16.6%
  • Shaper

Votes: 97 14.8%
  • Metal Cutting Bandsaw

Votes: 461 70.2%
  • Drill Press

Votes: 590 89.8%
  • Pedestal/Bench Grinder

Votes: 581 88.4%
  • Belt Grinder/Sander

Votes: 459 69.9%
  • Welding Equipment

Votes: 535 81.4%
  • Plasma Cutter/Table

Votes: 113 17.2%
  • Hydraulic Press

Votes: 240 36.5%
  • Bending Brake

Votes: 167 25.4%
  • Air Compressor

Votes: 609 92.7%
  • Gantry Crane/Engine Hoist/Shop Crane

Votes: 251 38.2%
  • Arbor Press

Votes: 245 37.3%
  • Tubing Notcher/English Wheel

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Woodworking Tablesaw

Votes: 455 69.3%
  • Woodworking Bandsaw

Votes: 355 54.0%
  • Woodworking Router/Router Table

Votes: 412 62.7%
  • Woodworking Planer/Joiner/Shaper

Votes: 261 39.7%
  • Woodworking Lathe

Votes: 154 23.4%
  • Compound/Cross-Cutting Miter Saw

Votes: 326 49.6%
  • Air Filtration/Blower System

Votes: 139 21.2%

• Total voters
got rid of my wood working tools (lost desire to do that work) shop is to small
1916 SB 13x5 lathe, aircompressor, drill press, bench grinders.
Looking for a milling machine.
Wife says I have to much junk.

I never heard of a wife yet that didn't think her husband had "too much junk" which generally equates to their description of our machines and tools. Particularly if you are a hobbyist not turning a profit for the wife to spend. That is actually what defines junk from something that most wives will deem productive, does it make money that I get to spend? If yes then that is worthwhile. If she cannot spend it or gain benefit then your home garage/shop is simply taking up the space where either her car, or the washing machine and dryer are supposed to be! :lmao:

I got 2 words for you guys: Separate Accounts.

She makes her money, she buys shoes and expensive clothes.
I make my money, I buy machine tools and firearms.
Life is good.

I got 2 words for you guys: Separate Accounts.

She makes her money, she buys shoes and expensive clothes.
I make my money, I buy machine tools and firearms.
Life is good.

Na, we were both too poor for that game. We needed every last dime both of us could put together to make it in the beginning so that is the way it has stayed. Besides, most wives don't care what account it came out of anyway, they still consider it a waste unless it turns a profit......

For there to be any gain in separate accounts both jobs must generate enough income for there to be a surplus to buy toys. Also for some folks separate accounts would be a sure path leading to divorce. Of all the arguements I have had with my wife over the last 15 years few were about money.

Hi; Contrary to one letter, my wife encourages me to get what I want. (if I can afford it) I have a mill drill, 12x36 engine lathe(Harbor Freight). Very nice! Hoist, belt-disk sander,hyd. press,wire feed,stick, and oxy-acet welders, drill presses,sand blaster and air comp. Can't say enough about that lathe, had an old 14" Logan, no comparison.
Looking for a shaper.
Jim

My wife is very supportive of my tool acquistion. But she wants things ORGINIZED! Can you imagine? Actually I do too, but my shop is still under construction so there's lots of goat paths.

Outside the list, I have a 55 ton hydraulic iron worker. (punch, cut,shear, bend). Boy, can you make a tool stand or tool dolly in a hurry with one of these.

My wife is very supportive of my tool acquistion. But she wants things ORGINIZED! Can you imagine? Actually I do too, but my shop is still under construction so there's lots of goat paths.

Outside the list, I have a 55 ton hydraulic iron worker. (punch, cut,shear, bend). Boy, can you make a tool stand or tool dolly in a hurry with one of these.

I don't klnow that I would say my wife has ever been real keen on all the tools and occasional machines I have bought through the years, but fortunately only once or twice has she really registered her displeasure with machines I spent money on.

mmmmmmm hydraulic iron worker
I WANT ONE :shopping:

hi I have a car lift, welder, drill press, cut off saw. tubing knotcher and small metal , grinding wheel and all kinds of wood working stuff. I just bought this mini lathe to help me make some small parts in my project. Here's a pic of it. I'm looking for a operational manual and any info on this unit. I'm just a amature so take it beasy on me guys. I have to relearn how to operate this lathe. Any one here from Ct. View attachment 48138IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

OK I'll fess up what I have if y'all don't tell the wife! LOL
MIG, TIG, Stick and gas powered welder. (had portable wire feed but got stolen ERRRRRR)
Bench grinders, looking for a 12".
Lodge & Shipley 25"X120" lathe w/taper
Bridgeport mill, older step pulley model
Box drill press, ancient but works, looking for radial arm drill
20 ton press, looking for bigger
125 cfm air compressor and sand blaster
bead blast cabinet
numerous jacks up to 50 ton
Rush drill & end mill sharpner (best money spent yet!)
Sioux valve & seat grinder
Hand tools to over 2" and impacts to 1" drive

Son and I farm, restore tractors, and do repair work in the slack seasons, hence the reason for all the big stuff.

Back